This discussion is archived
8 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 11:35 AM by 72370 RSS

Oracle 10.2.0.1 RAC install on VirtualBox

user12003553 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Host: Ubuntu
Guest: Oracle Linux 5.5 * 2

Hi,

I am trying to install Oracle 10g RAC on Oracle Linux 5.5 using VirtualBox on Ubuntu.
I have succedded in installing the clusterware however when I install the database software, the guest O/S's crash along with the host OS.
This always seems to happen the installer is almost done copying the binaries across to the remote host.
I have also tried to install this by installing the database binaries on the local node and use the addNode script to add to the remote node. I get the same results.

Any advice on this will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
This is always the last snip of the install log before the crash:

INFO: oracle.options Product Location: Empty path specified.
INFO: Setting the PRE_REQUISITE variable of 'oracle.options_10.2.0.1.0' to 'true'. Received the value from the variable calculation.
INFO: Setting the PROD_HOME variable of 'oracle.server_10.2.0.1.0' to ''. Received the value from the variable calculation.
INFO: oracle.server Product Location: Empty path specified.
INFO: Setting the PRE_REQUISITE variable of 'oracle.server_10.2.0.1.0' to 'true'. Received the value from the variable calculation.
INFO: {Parameter:TOPLEVEL_COMPONENT in {Aggregate:OuiConfigVariables:1.0.0.0.0:common}}: Parameter data type is not compatible with the provided String Array.
INFO: passing params to cf done
INFO: done saving info by cf
INFO: Updating files in Oracle home '/u01/app/10.2.0/db' to remote nodes 'rac2'.
INFO: List of files to be excluded from:install/excludeFileList.txt
INFO: Exclude file list /tmp/OraInstall2012-09-28_03-46-35PM/installExcludeFile.lst does not exist or is empty. The file is ignored.

Edited by: user12003553 on 02-Oct-2012 06:55

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points