This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 8, 2012 10:03 PM by Bjoern Rost RSS

OVDC - force terminate session

965747 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Is there a way to terminate or abandon an OVDC session?

I allowed a colleague to log in using OVDC on my laptop but he left his session locked, rather than logging out. CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE-BACKSPACE does not appear to work in OVDC. Is there any way to close the terminate session or abandon it?

Even better - is there a way to open more than one OVDC session to the same server at a time using different credentials?

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: OVDC - force terminate session
    795878 Newbie
    You can run multiple copies of OVDC provided that you use a different "profile" in each one. The profile is where the client identity presented to the server by OVDC lives. You can read about how to create and use multiple profiles in the OVDC docs at http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E27795_01/E27796/html/profiles.html

Most importantly, do not try to find and copy your existing profile file as the basis for a new profile. If you do that you'll probably end up with both profiles presenting the same client identity, and that's not what you need here.

OttoM.
    --
    Disclaimer: I work for Oracle, but I do not speak for Oracle
  • 2. Re: OVDC - force terminate session
    Bjoern Rost Oracle ACE Director
    Hi,

I just tried CTRL-ALT-BACKSPACE-BACKSPACE and it worked for me (OVDC on Mac). Maybe you have to move your "host key" in the settings away from any of those. Mine is set to "right shift". Other than that there is no way that I could think of to do this from the client. You could create a new profile like mentioned above or terminate the active session from the admin gui (or commandline)

good luck
    bjoern

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points