My Oracle 9201 database on sun 5.8 migration to 10.2.0.5 on AIX 6.1
Source on Oracle 9201 database on sun 5.8 I exported the database
exp system/**** FULL=y FILE=exp_full.dmp STATISTICS=NONE LOG=exp_full.log
Q1 Is this command is correct or do i need to add any other parameters ?
Target on AIX 6.1
1) Installer 10g patch set etc and created the database using dbca
2) Created all the tables spaces same as Source database
To Import the database using this command or do i need to some
imp system/***** FULL=y FILE=exp_full.dmp LOG=imp_full.log IGNORE=y
Do I need to create all the users and or What else i need do before i need to run imp
Pls List of the things which i need to create before i run imp
It has been a while since I have used exp vs expdp, but this looks right. You could add parameters to your exp and imp command, but without knowing what your database size is or your disk sizes are, this is ok.
If your database is larger then what you can put on a disk, then you would need to limit the datafile size during export, but if you don't have that issue, give it a try.
Before importing data to new server you need to take care of following point.
1. Create all the tablespace present as on production database on the new database server and size should be 10-15% more as on production
2.create all the user present on production on the new database with their default tablespace.
3. grant all the privilages to the user as on production on the new database.
4. Then import the data using following command
imp user/password file=file.dmp log=logfile.log full=y feedback=1000