This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 30, 2013 7:48 PM by user512658 - oracle RSS

Repo Mirror script errors

964667 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Setting up a local repo of the non-public yum server. When I first ran the script provide at http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/webcontent/167283.sh I don't recall any errors however I can not say this with certainty.

Afterwards I tried to do a yum update of my repo server and that looked like it attempted to hit every channel the server is subscribed to incuding el4.X el5.X and el6.X. To get around this I created a Base-ULN.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d to point at my local mirror (itself) I then reran yum update without any errors. However subsequent runs of the mirror script now throws errors for each channels as below. If anyone can shed some light on this I would appreciate it.

Writing header.info file
## END PROCESSING el5_i386_addons ##
## BEGIN PROCESSING el5_x86_64_addons ##
Channel Dir: /var/www/html/yum/EnterpriseLinux/EL5/addons/x86_64
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/reposync", line 352, in <module>
main()
File "/usr/bin/reposync", line 349, in main
sys.exit(exit_code)
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'exit_code' referenced before assignment
117/117 - getPackage/VirtualBox-4.1-4.1.22_80657_el5-1.x86_64.rpm
Saving Primary metadata
Saving file lists metadata
Saving other metadata
Generating sqlite DBs
Sqlite DBs complete
Digesting rpms 100 % complete: VirtualBox-4.1-4.1.22_80657_el5-1.x86_64.rpm
Total: 117
Used: 117
Src: 0

Edited by: 961664 on Oct 3, 2012 10:41 AM
  • 1. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    Avi Miller Guru
    961664 wrote:
    Afterwards I tried to do a yum update of my repo server and that looked like it attempted to hit every channel the server is subscribed to incuding el4.X el5.X and el6.X. To get around this I created a Base-ULN.repo file in /etc/yum.repos.d to point at my local mirror (itself)
    You need to disable and enable channels when you update the local yum system. On mine, I have the same setup, but all of my local repos are set to enabled=0 (so that the mirror script doesn't try to mirror itself). Then, when I want to upgrade the yum server itself, I run:
    # yum upgrade --disablerepo=* --enablerepo=local-ol6_x86_64_latest 
    That disables all the repositories that are connected via ULN, but re-enables the local OL6 copy. Note that you must have different repo names for the local repositories to the ones that come from ULN.

See if that helps you out.
  • 2. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    964667 Newbie
    That works as far as updating the local system but I'm still getting the error above when running the mirror script to download all of my subscribed channels for local systems to update from.
  • 3. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    Avi Miller Guru
    961664 wrote:
    That works as far as updating the local system but I'm still getting the error above when running the mirror script to download all of my subscribed channels for local systems to update from.
    I suspect that given your previous run with the wrong repos installed, you've managed to get the wrong packages installed, i.e. an ol4, ol6 or ovm package on ol5. Can you do an rpm -qa and look for packages with a version that doesn't match your base distro? You may have to manually clean this up, unfortunately.
  • 4. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    964667 Newbie
    I'm not seeing anything that looks out of place

[root@localhsot ~]# rpm -qa | grep el5
    [root@localhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep el4
    [root@ocalhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ol4
    [root@ocalhost ~]# rpm -qa | grep ol5

I never actually installed any updates from the other repos the yum command failed long before that phase.

Edited by: 961664 on Oct 3, 2012 2:36 PM
  • 5. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    Avi Miller Guru
    Brian Bray wrote:
    I'm not seeing anything that looks out of place
    Ok, that's exhausted my ideas. :) If you have Oracle Linux support, please open an SR for this. If not, please email uln-info_us@oracle.com with your error so that the guys that manage ULN and the mirror script can take a look?
  • 6. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    user512658 - oracle Newbie
    Hi Brian,

I just saw your post. I bet you already opened a SR, but if you didn't I had the same problem.

Anyway, a long time ago, I went into /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
    I edited rhnplugin.conf

This is the original
    [main]
    enabled = 1
    gpgcheck = 1

This is mine
    [main]
    enabled = 0
    gpgcheck = 1

The reason was I wanted to update the yum repo box with the latest patches against the local repo that I had used the script to create.
    I never wrote the file back to turn on the plugin after I updated the box.

I hope this helps someone.
  • 7. Re: Repo Mirror script errors
    user512658 - oracle Newbie
    Hi,

Should be a little more clear.
    The original is the one you want to use.
    Make sure enabled = 1
    is in there.

Sorry if I confused anybody.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points