This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 6:46 AM by viktor.jarolim RSS

Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.

jgallego Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi all,

I have the next scene:

The thing is that i want to create a specific order through the order management interface and to generate the orchestration based in the data entered by the creation task.

is these information stored in the dictionary?

how to generate the orchestration plan? is it possible? What can i do?

Thanks for your help.
  • 1. Re: Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.
    882807 Explorer
    Hi,

Orchestration happens based on the data in the CreationTask all the time. Please goto through the available documentation and attend the training provided by Oracle.

Thanks
    Naveen Jabade
  • 2. Re: Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.
    jp-osm - oracle Journeyer
    Hi,
    As Naveen explained, orchestration plans are fully dependent on the data provided in the creation task. During design time, for all the possible variations in the data of the creation task, you should model the orchestration components and plans in the cartridge. So based on the data provided in the creation task, during runtime, the respective orchestration componets are validated and orchestration plans are generated. It is better if you can attend training in OSM Foundation II from Oracle to get a complete picture.

Regards,
    JP
  • 3. Re: Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.
    viktor.jarolim Explorer
    Can you elaborate a bit on how your scenario differs from the commonly used one?
    When you say you want to create a specific order, do you mean you want to invoke the CreateOrderBySpecification bypassing the recognition rule?
    Viktor
  • 4. Re: Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.
    jgallego Newbie
    Thanks viktor for yur answer.

My scenario is the next:

I go through the task web client and then i create an order where i enter all the information that i defined in manual creation task. When the order is created i need that the orchestration plan can be generated.

In a common scenary you have an input xml order but in my case I don't have it.

Thanks again.
  • 5. Re: Generate orchestration plan based in data entered by the creation task.
    viktor.jarolim Explorer
    Hi, theoretically such scenario is possible.
    But, you have to bear in mind the fact that orchestration is based on Order Line Items, typically generated as the output of an ordering application, such as Siebel, which means pairs of product / action instructions (with a bunch of other attributes).
    I have difficulty imagining that you would enter this information via the task client GUI. Though, theoretically, as I sayd, you could.

On the other hand, however, you could do an order which has no orchestration and just starts a predefined static process based on the order type/source which you select on the task client gui.
    Then the data which you enter into specific elements on the creation task will be directly used by the tasks in the static process. This scenario appears more coherent to me.

Now if you go to the Order editor in the design studio, Details tab and click select next to the Default Process field, two types of entities are displayed - Orchestration Process and static process.
    If you select one of the former type, you will launch orchestration and need to define a bunch of entities.
    If you select one fo the latter, you go directly to a static process and you cartridge needs a lot less in terms of entities.

Hope that helps.
    regards
    Viktor

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points