1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 8:47 AM by dabih RSS

    Live upgrade problem

    dabih
      Hi All!

      I am trying to make Live Upgrade ABE but getting error:

      luconfig: ERROR: Cannot get system mounts.
      ERROR: Configuration of boot environment failed.

      Does anybody know what is this and how can I fix it? I'll be very grateful for any help.

      My configurartion:
      Oracle Solaris 10 8/11 x86

      I'm trying execute next command: "lucreate -n newenv -c oldenv -m /:/dev/dsk/c0t2d0s1:ufs -l /tmp/lucreate.log" and getting this output:

      Determining types of file systems supported
      Validating file system requests
      Preparing logical storage devices
      Preparing physical storage devices
      Configuring physical storage devices
      Configuring logical storage devices
      Checking GRUB menu...
      System has findroot enabled GRUB
      Analyzing system configuration.
      Updating boot environment description database on all BEs.

      luconfig: ERROR: Cannot get system mounts.
      ERROR: Configuration of boot environment failed.

      Error log file content:

      reading tag: unexpected newline reading parameter value name <message> tag <message> inside tag <bootenv>
      cannot read tag from datastream <lupi_zones>
      cannot read and parse tag provider <lupi_zones> datastream <lupi_zones>
      reading tag: invalid character </> (0x2f) before start of tag
      cannot read tag from datastream <lupi_zones>
      cannot read and parse tag provider <lupi_zones> datastream <lupi_zones>
      reading tag: invalid character <>> (0x3e) before start of tag
      cannot read tag from datastream <lupi_zones>
      cannot read and parse tag provider <lupi_zones> datastream <lupi_zones>
      reading tag: close tag <bootenv> not within any tag to close
      cannot read tag from datastream <lupi_zones>
      cannot read and parse tag provider <lupi_zones> datastream <lupi_zones>
      ERROR: Configuration of boot environment failed.

      hardware:
      I have two HDD:
      FIRST: it contains system root slice (c0t0d0s1) - 4G and swap (c0t0d0s0) - 1G
      SECOND: i'm trying to use for new ABE, it has c0t2d0s1 slice 7G and c0t2d0s0 for swap - 1G

      Thanks!


      I've fixed this issue - just installed packages SUNWpool and SUNWpoolr. (Just in case if it'll be intresting for somebody...)

      Edited by: user2915199 on Oct 9, 2012 6:43 AM