6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 7, 2012 10:27 AM by rp0428 RSS

time series error

hi friends
      got this error
      new to 11g
      plz can any one help me out of this

State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS. [nQSError: 22040] To use Ago function, the storage level of the query ('[TIMES.TIME_ID]') must be a static level. (HY000)
        • 1. Re: time series error
          Mark Malakanov (user11181920)
          please post your sql statement and sample of data
          • 2. Re: time series error
            damorgan
            I doubt 11gR? has anything to do with your issue as the message you posted was not generated by any version of the Oracle database.

If I were to guess, and I am, it was generated by a front end tool such as Java or .NET.

Please figure out what you are doing, in what tool you are doing it, and then post your question to the correct forum with the correct company.

Hope this helps.
            • 3. Re: time series error
              SQL Issued: SELECT 0 s_0, "sstr"."TIMES"."FISCAL_YEAR" s_1, "sstr"."SALES"."ago" s_2, "sstr"."SALES"."AMOUNT_SOLD" s_3 FROM "sstr" FETCH FIRST 65001 ROWS ONLY
              • 4. Re: time series error
                hi
                thanks for the reply

i am using obiee 11g.
                database is oracle 11g

i am pratising my self to get the all the concepts in obiee11g in my local PC.

comming to the question

in time series function i am using ago
                one year ago

every thing is fine no error in rpd

but got error in analytics. as shown below

Error

Odbc driver returned an error (SQLExecDirectW).

Error Details

Error Codes: OPR4ONWY:U9IM8TAC:OI2DL65P

State: HY000. Code: 10058. [NQODBC] [SQL_STATE: HY000] [nQSError: 10058] A general error has occurred. [nQSError: 43113] Message returned from OBIS. [nQSError: 22040] To use Ago function, the storage level of the query ('[TIMES.TIME_ID]') must be a static level. (HY000)

SQL Issued: SELECT 0 s_0, "sstr"."TIMES"."FISCAL_YEAR" s_1, "sstr"."SALES"."ago" s_2, "sstr"."SALES"."AMOUNT_SOLD" s_3 FROM "sstr" FETCH FIRST 65001 ROWS ONLY
                • 5. Re: time series error
                  Osama_Mustafa
                  Is Business Intelligence Applications Why you post it in General Question ???
                  Please to get more help always post in the right forum

Oracle Discussion Forums » Business Intelligence Applications » Business Intelligence Applications
                  • 6. Re: time series error
                    rp0428
                    >
                    hi friends
                    got this error
                    new to 11g
                    plz can any one help me out of this

>
                    Please mark this question ANSWERED and repost it in the OBIS forum as this is question about Siebel Analytics which is now part of Oracle's BI.
                    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/category.jspa?categoryID=147

That error is because you have not set up your time dimension properly. Did you perhaps use the OBIEE extract() function to derive your dimension?

If so you should create a view or table instead and the error should go away.

See this article on 'OBI EE, Time Dimensions and Time-Series Calculations for an example of how to set up your dimensions properly.
                    http://www.rittmanmead.com/2007/04/obi-ee-time-dimensions-and-time-series-calculations/