This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 28, 2012 11:49 PM by RMishra RSS

How to determine pricing Programmatically

333 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
hi all,

Dynamic pricing—Programmatically determines the price.

how to determine the pricing programmatically

regards
shya
  • 1. Re: How to determine pricing Programmatically
    Nooruddin Shaik Expert
    PriceItem droplet calculates price dynamically taking promotions into account.
    From Java code, use itempricingEngine.priceItem()

Static pricing display the price what is set in the DB without applying promotions or doing any modifications to the price in the calculators.

Peace
    Shaik
  • 2. Re: How to determine pricing Programmatically
    karthik chopperla Pro
    example of static pricing are sku's list price, sale price as defined in catalog.
  • 3. Re: How to determine pricing Programmatically
    333 Newbie
    hi Shaik,
    can you give me the small example for ItemPricingEngine.priceItems,
    in ItemPricingEngine we have four method, can you explain the usage of that.

thanks and regards
    shya

Edited by: shya on Oct 8, 2012 12:32 PM
  • 4. Re: How to determine pricing Programmatically
    971091 Newbie
    Hi shya,

Did you have any luck with that? I reckon I have the same issue. I want to add a different price in my line item before add it the the shopping cart, or change it when it is already inside the basket.

I found this post: http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24152_01/Platform.10-1/ATGCommProgGuide/html/s1003itempricecalculator01.html - But it couldn't help me at all. I think ItemSalePriceCalculator is the way to archive what we need, but I don't know exactly how...

Cheers,
  • 5. Re: How to determine pricing Programmatically
    RMishra Journeyer
    In ItemPricingEngine, three methods are there are there:
    ItemPriceInfo priceItem(CommerceItem pItem, java.util.Collection pPricingModels, java.util.Locale pLocale, RepositoryItem pProfile, java.util.Map pExtraParameters):Price a single item in a context
    java.util.List priceEachItem(java.util.List pItems, java.util.Collection pPricingModels, java.util.Locale pLocale, RepositoryItem pProfile, java.util.Map pExtraParameters):Price each of a List of items in a context
    java.util.List priceItems(java.util.List pItems, java.util.Collection pPricingModels, java.util.Locale pLocale, RepositoryItem pProfile, Order pOrder, java.util.Map pExtraParameters):Price a List of items together in a context.

See http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E26180_01/Platform.94/apidoc/atg/commerce/pricing/ItemPricingEngine.html
    -RMishra

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points