This discussion is archived
9 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 11:04 AM by 630565 RSS

Requisition auto-approval in AME

Sam1004 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Is there a way to handle a scenario with AME where we need to have the requisition auto-approved whenever the amount is less than 1K.

I am able to use AME for all other scenarios, where the requistion moves for a different person's approval. But what about auto-approval ?

Pls help me on this.

Regards,
Sambit
  • 1. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    630565 Explorer
    Hi Sambhit,

You create a condition for requisition total > 1000 and then you then in the rules to pick the approval group... If you have total <=1000, then this rule will not be satisfied and no groups will be picked.. so this will act as auto approval.. but for this to work, you have to set the property Allow empty approver group or list.. to true at the group level and also at the transaction type level i guess...

Regards,
    Praveen
  • 2. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    Sanjay Desai Journeyer
    Hi Praveen

we have oracle EBS 11i (11.5.10.2) .
    can you guide me how to go for auto-approval for PR total <= 1000 ?

Thanks
    Sanjay
  • 3. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    630565 Explorer
    Hi Sanjay,

How are you setting up approval greater than 1000 USD?

I guess u have created a condition called requisition total > 1000
    then u would hv also created a approval group XXX (with either static or dynamic list)

Then u would hv created a rule with this condition requisition total > 1000, then use this approval group XXX...

when u create a req for 1001 USD, the person in approval group XXX will come as approvers...but when u create for 1000 USD or less than that,
    there is not rule(condition) satisfying and hence no approval group will be picked up...

the trickiest point here is, if there is no approvers, AME will throw an error. To override or suppress this error for empty approval list,
    In AME, set the attribute 'Allow empty approval groups' and 'Auto Approve' to true for this transaction type and it should get auto approved.

Regards,
    Praveen
  • 4. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    Sanjay Desai Journeyer
    Hi Praveen,

Thank you very much for reply.
    Can you guide me that how to set up in AME ? pl. provide me navigation path because I do not know about AME.

regards
    sanjay
  • 5. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    Sam1004 Newbie
    Hi Sanjay,

There a whitepaper published in metalink. Pls refer that. Its having all the required details.
    _How To Setup And Use AME For Purchase Requisition Approvals [ID 434143.1]_+

Thanks,
    Sambit
  • 6. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    Sam1004 Newbie
    Hi Praveen,

Thanks for that suggestion.

But can u pls help me on the following scenario:
    My requirement is a requisition should be auto-approved whenver the requestor='ABC'. If requestor is anyone except 'ABC' then it should follow the rules created with the approval groups.

Thanks,
    Sambit
  • 7. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    630565 Explorer
    Hi Sam,

Missed your reply.. Did you figure out?? You have the use the following steps

1) In AME, check if the attribute requestor name or id exists.. if not you create a new custom attribute and derive the requisition id using the dynamic sql
    2) Then create condition based on this attribute..
    3) Now, use this attribute in the rules for the getting the approval groups...

Regards,
    Praveen
  • 8. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    Sam1004 Newbie
    Hi Praveen,

Thanks again for that suggestion.
    But I am already done with that requirement.

What I did is - Created a function which will check who is the requester. If requestor is 'ABC' then it will return a NULL, else it will return the name of the valid approver(in my case it was one key member of the project used).
    I called this function while defining the dynamic approver, and it served the purpose :)

Regards,
    Sambit
  • 9. Re: Requisition auto-approval in AME
    630565 Explorer
    Hi,

Please mark the thread as helpful or answered as appropriate.

Regards,
    Praveen

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points