Environment: Ubuntu 12.04 (64bit) with JRE 1.6.0_35 (64bit)
I know that this environment is not officially certified for JDeveloper but I had quite good experience with similar install on a previous machine.
Differences between both machinses are
- version of Linux (Linuxmint 12 vs. Ubuntu 12.04)
- version of JRE (1.6.0_26 vs. 1.6.0_35)
The behaviour is strange in a sense that when I open a task flow in JDeveloper
- first time: taskflow editor freezes and I have to kill the process
- second time: JDeveloper crashes
- third and subsequent times: taskflow editor works as expected.
Have you test opening the same project into another OS? I'm just wondering if it's the TF that you are trying to open or if it's related to the OS. I've running with a similar configuration in Ubuntu 12.04 and everything works as expected.
I got the problem also with freshly created Fusion apps, i.e. the task flow is still empty.
But I got some advice from JDev development to look at the IDE cache. I'll try that next and update the post.