6 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 10:53 AM by Segal RSS

QUID Calculation Method

Sinfo_Cesare
      Our customer use the QUID (QUANTITATIVE INGREDIENT DECLARATIONS) Calculation method to declaring quantity of ingredients emphasized on the label.
      We didn’t find any Standard PLM instrument that can help our customer for this issue. Is there a specific instrument to do it.

Thank,
      Regards,
      Cesare
        • 1. Re: QUID Calculation Method
          Ron M-Oracle
          Have a look at L.I.O. on Formula, Material, or Trade specs to see if that will meet your needs. You should be able to get the percentage of the ingredients, and choose what you want to declare. There is documentation on LIO in the user guides too.
          • 2. Re: QUID Calculation Method
            Sinfo_Cesare
            Hi,
            thank you for your answer.

Unfortunatly LIO profile does not answer our customer request.

In LIO profile, the only way to declare different quantities or different percentages from the percentages coming from recipe is to manually override the proposed values.

Conversely, our customer need a tool that can calculate quantities of the ingredients using a different formula from that used in the recipe.

I would like to underline that our customer request has not been done to satisfy a company internal procedure but an international standard.

Could someone help us?

Thank you,
            Regards,
            Cesare
            • 3. Re: QUID Calculation Method
              Sinfo_Cesare
              Hi everyone,
              May I have any chance to receive an answer to my QUID issue, please?

That's a top priority issue in our implementation project. We must provide a solution to our customer or at least we must give some answers to him.

Regards,
              Cesare
              • 4. Re: QUID Calculation Method
                Matt J-Oracle
                Hello Cesare,

unfortunately, the tool does not support this use case at this time.
                • 5. Re: QUID Calculation Method
                  Sinfo_Cesare
                  Hi,
                  I'm afraid (and a little surprise) it does not exist any standard tool to calculate QUID quantity.

Anyway, as we have to provide something to our custome, I would ask you for some help in building a custom section to do it.

In formulation specification, we will need a custom section with a table with the following colums:

- ingredient description
                  - ingredient quantity
                  - total solid of each ingredient
                  - final % total solid

Our desire is that the system can automatically fill these 4 columns with data catched from "formulation" tab of the same specification.

Afterwards we wuold like to have a last column with % breakdows of ingredient calculated with QUID method:

ingredient quantity *100 / [ (sum of ingredient quantity * total solid of each ingredient)  * final % total solid ) ]

Could someone help us?

Thank you again,
                  Regard,
                  Cesare
                  • 6. Re: QUID Calculation Method
                    Segal
                    Hi Cesare. To explain why we don't have this calculation or other similar ones in our product; there are probably hundreds of regional, national and international standards that our development team can't possibly keep up with. The initial development and change management of these standards would significantly reduce our team's ability to deliver functionality.
                    Instead we encourage our partners to build a library of extensions that are relevant to their region. That gives them the ability to add value and differentiate themselves. Hope that helps.

For your last request, Custom Sections do not seem like a good fit for what you need. It was not intended to replicate the BOM. I think a longer term solution could be implemented by a feature coming out in our next release, 6.1.1, where we allow you to add new columns to the BOM grid. I know this does not help you now, but for a short term solution perhaps a report would be the best way to meet these requirements.

It would also be good for us to understand the full use case.

Thanks.
                    Segal