This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 4:17 AM by 967041 RSS

DSEE7: cannot start cacaoadm

967041 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Yesterday I installed Dsee7 in combination with glassfish on CenOS 6.2.
When I check the dsccsetup status I get the following:

[eelco@localhost ~]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/bin/dsccsetup status
DSCC Agent is registered in Cacao
Cacao is down. Start it using:
     /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm start
Cacao uses a custom port number (21162)
DSCC Registry has been created
Path of DSCC registry is /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/var/dcc/ads
Port of DSCC registry is 3998
DSCC registry is not running. You may start it using:
     /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/bin/dsadm start /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/var/dcc/ads

Then I start the DSCC registry:

[eelco@localhost ~]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/bin/dsadm start /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/var/dcc/ads
Directory Server instance '/home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/var/dcc/ads' started: pid=5969

Then I try to start cacaoadm, but this fails. (also when I try to start it before dscc reg.)

[eelco@localhost ~]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm start
Invalid file permission: [home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/etc/opt/sun/cacao2/instances/default/security] [rwxr-xr-x.].
/home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/private/lib/scripts/utils: line 210: /usr/bin/gettext: No such file or directory

So I get two errors. One due to some permission failure, and an other one. Adding sudo before the starting command results in the error that it can only be started by user eelco.
What am I doing wrong?
  • 1. Re: DSEE7: cannot start cacaoadm
    Marco Milo Journeyer
    Hi,

first of all, according to the product documentation:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19424-01/820-4805/software/index.html

DSEE7 is not officially supported on CentOS 6.2 [it runs on RHEL 5.3 and 4.8], but besides that, when you completed the installation, did you run and completed successfully the following command?

# dsccsetup initialize

The specific error message you're getting:

/home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/private/lib/scripts/utils: line 210: /usr/bin/gettext: No such file or directory

seems to be due to the lack of the '/usr/bin/gettext' command; is it available on your system?

HTH,
    marco
  • 2. Re: DSEE7: cannot start cacaoadm
    967041 Newbie
    You are right about the gettext problem. I installed it by typing 'sudo yum install gettext' which installed gettext.

Now I am only stuck with the problem:

[eelco@localhost bin]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm start
    Invalid file permission: [home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/etc/opt/sun/cacao2/instances/default/security] [rwxr-xr-x.].
    Problem validating security keys.
    Please regenerate them with cacaoadm create-keys --force

Regeneration with create-keys --force, doesnt work. After that, I still get the same error.
    I found a threat: Re: Unable to start cacaoadm
    about this problem. But the solutions presented there don't work for me.

I tried for example the last solution posted there, but nothing changed. Disabling the SELinux wasnt enough. Also removing the security context from the password file, resulted in the error that the specified attribute wasnt found.

So, are there maybe any other ideas to overcome this cacaoadm problem?
  • 3. Re: DSEE7: cannot start cacaoadm
    967041 Newbie
    So I tried some the solutions posted in the linked thread above, and rebooted the system.

Now starting cacaoadm doenst result in an error. But it also doesnt start. It tries to, but fails, based on the status information.

[eelco@localhost dsee7]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm start
    [eelco@localhost dsee7]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm status
    default instance is DISABLED at system startup.
    Current retries count : 1/4
    Processes:
    Daemon is running but not available. Try again as it might be starting.
    [eelco@localhost dsee7]$ /home/eelco/ODSEE_ZIP_Distribution/install-dir/dsee7/ext/cacao_2/cacao2/bin/cacaoadm status
    default instance is DISABLED at system startup.
    default instance is not running.

what could it be this time?

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points