7 Replies Latest reply: Feb 14, 2013 8:03 AM by 951914 RSS

RetroPay (Enhanced) query

Hello we are using RetroPay (Enhanced) UK legislation but it always creates headache in each run.
      I need one suggestion.
      We have a Pay element (A) that is an indirect result of an Information element (B) which is an indirect result of another element (C).
      A is an earnings and B and C are Informatiom element. Only C can be atached to the employee.

We have created an Arrears element for A. Now if i attach C retrospectively do i need to create and add Arrears element in the recalculation tab for element B and C too?
        • 1. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
          Hello, please provide any suggestions you have. This is really urgent.

• 2. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
            Vigneswar Battu
            Hi 948911,

Retropay(Enhanced) actually runs the process for each of the retro periods with the new values and creates the differential amounts in the current month.

Just because you have information elements, it makes it more complex I guess.
            How about entering the same element C , in the recalculation tab for C. See how are the results processed.

Ideally you should not do anything for indirect elements.

• 3. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
              Thanks Vigneshwar, phew got a reply. Will try this first thing.

Can you please also let me know what are the normal entries in an event group for RetroPay. Asking this because the team that had implemented this has added a lot on unnecessary entries which creates retro assignment for almost all assignments on running the Retro Notifications report, although they do not add any retro entry still this causes a lot of confusion to client.

On my previous post we just had an arrears element for A and it was not processing for all. I created arrears element for B and C too, attached them to the recalculation tab and now it seems it is processing. I'll try your suggestion to attach C as recalculation to C and remove A and B and see what happens next.

Thank you. If you have used event group earlier please let me know the normal entries for the same.
              • 4. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
                Vigneswar Battu
                It depends on what you need -
                If you're just looking for element entry value change then -
                Datetrack Correction PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F EFFECTIVE_END_DATE
                Datetrack Update PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F EFFECTIVE_END_DATE
                Datetrack Correction PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F EFFECTIVE_START_DATE
                Datetrack Correction PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRY_VALUES_F SCREEN_ENTRY_VALUE

If you're also looking for other changes -
                Datetrack Insert PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F
                Datetrack Delete PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F
                Datetrack End Date PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F

RetroPay(Enhanced) works the same way as normal Payroll.
                What it does is imitate the normal payroll with the new value.
                Say, the Annual Salary element is updated as of June. The system would recalculate the Payroll for each of the previous months with the new value and then compares it with the old values, then creates the retro elements with the difference.

Hope that helps,

• 5. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
                  Hello Vigneshwar,

On second ques regarding entries we have entries like PER_ALL_ASSIGNMENTS_F.PEOPLE_GROUP_ID. I think implementation team put those since those fire Element entries but i think this is unnecessary since we already have entries for PAY_ELEMENT_ENTRIES_F. In our case even if there is a change in People Group which doesnt affect entries it is coming in report (though no retro elements are processed).

This is how i went on o first ques.
                  Attached C in recalculation tab of C. Created a new testcase but no Arrears element were processed.

Then attached C to C, B to B and A Arrears to A. For this on a new testcase A Arrears were attached to the employee.

I think i would suggest this to client since he is sitting on my head.
                  • 6. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
                    Vigneswar Battu
                    Ok, thats good. So this solved your issue now ?
                    Yeah, you wont need anything other than the element entry ones for retro processing.
                    • 7. Re: RetroPay (Enhanced) query
                      Yes thanks Vignesh our issue is resolved now. In recalculation tab added C to C, B to B and A Arrears to A.