422096 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Good morning,
Hereby I would like to re-open a previous post:
Title: Installation Sun Studio 12 fails due to Sun Studio 11 presence
URL: Installation Sun Studio 12 fails due to Sun Studio 11 presence

I'm having again the same issue:
Prompt> ./batch_installer --accept-sla
You may not install "on top of" an existing release!
Except that now, when I try to install on another directory, I get the same error message:
Prompt> ./batch_installer -d /Sun_Studio_12_Installation --accept-sla
You may not install "on top of" an existing release!
In top of this, do you know where the error message "You may not install ..." message is coming from? (I have searched all shell scripts, I have decompiled the install.class and InstallResource.class and I didn't find anything)

Thanks in advance
Dominique
  • 1. Re: Re-open: how install Sun Studio 12 while other version of Studio is present
    ChrisQuenelle Newbie
    Solaris Studio 12.3 is the latest release, do you have a specific need for 12? Or are you really working with 12.3?
    Also, which version of Solaris are you installing on? Solaris 11 requires installing via IPS, not the built-in installer.
  • 2. Re: Re-open: how install Sun Studio 12 while other version of Studio is present
    422096 Newbie
    Good morning,
    Maybe I can give the whole story: some time ago (one or two years) I have found an issue on Sun Studio 11 installation. In order to repair this I have decided to upgrade to Sun Studio 12. As such the issues have been solved.
    Now again we are facing new issues and I thought that installing Sun Studio 12.3 would again solve my problems.
    When I have upgraded from Sun Studio 11 to Sun Studio 12, I remember having had the same error message, but specifying a directory name in the installation procedure avoided that error message.
    Now I have again tried to specify a directory name, but this seems to fail even then.
    Meanwhile I have heard from collegues that it is even not allowed to upgrade to Sun Studio 12, so as a result, I propose to put this post temporarily on hold.

Thanks for your support
    Dominique

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points