2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 9, 2012 9:20 PM by 903466 RSS

Unable to open XML report in Oracle EBS r12

Hi,

I have new installation of Oracle EBS r12 (12.1.1) on linux.
      To test the XML report, I changed the output of standard report 'Active Users' from 'Text' to 'XML' and defined the data definition and template for this report.
      I am unable to see the output for XML reports. The report completes without error, however I cannot open the output file.
      The browser opens for fraction of a second and then closes down. My client machine is Windows 7 and I used Microsoft words 2010 to build template
      I used the 5.7.201 version of BI publisher to create the rtf template.
      Please help me to resolve this issue.

Thanks
        • 1. Re: Unable to open XML report in Oracle EBS r12
          AlexAnd
          >
          I changed the output of standard report 'Active Users' from 'Text' to 'XML' and defined the data definition and template for this report.
          >
          looks like xml publisher report, so output for concurrent must be 'XML'

>
          I am unable to see the output for XML reports.
          >
          how you see it?

did you try after concurrent completed check 'diagnostic -> view xml'?

>
          The report completes without error, however I cannot open the output file
          >
          what is error?
          did you check OPP log?

if concurrent failed so first of all check your code - data template and package (if used)
          • 2. Re: Unable to open XML report in Oracle EBS r12
            I changed the output of standard report 'Active Users' from 'Text' to 'XML' and defined the data definition and template for this report.
            looks like xml publisher report, so output for concurrent must be 'XML'
            ******* I have changed the output of concurrent program 'Active Users' from 'Text' to 'XML'

I am unable to see the output for XML reports.
            how you see it?
            ******* I tried to open the report by clicking on 'Output' button from view request screen of EBS.

did you try after concurrent completed check 'diagnostic -> view xml'?
            ******* I haven't tried this. Will do now.

The report completes without error, however I cannot open the output file
            what is error?
            ******* There is no error, the request completed successfully. When I tried to open the output file by clicking 'output' button, the browser doesn't open.
            did you check OPP log?
            ******* There is nothing in the OPP log.
            if concurrent failed so first of all check your code - data template and package (if used)
            ******* I used the standard EBS report 'Active Users' and just changed the output from 'Text' to 'XML' and attached the rtf template.