3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 10, 2012 2:31 PM by BSalesRashid

11gR2 em install / config question.

We just loaded 11gR2 onto a virtual server running Win 2008 Server R2. During the installation of the database,
      I received 5 or 6 missing file messages and I told the installer to ignore and continue. One of those files was

Will this preclude me from getting em up? Should I deinstall/reinstall the 11gR2?

When I ran emctl start dbconsole I received this message:

can't locate CompEMdbconsole.pm in @inc <@inc contains ..(list of files).......emctlCommon.pm line 598

From this question you'll probably surmise that I'm relatively inexperienced.
      Suggested reading info is always appreciated.

Edited by: RonW on Oct 9, 2012 6:27 AM
        • 1. Re: 11gR2 em install / config question.
          Well, looks like your OEM installation was not succesfully.
          It would be really import to get this 5/6 missing messages.

I suggest you to run dbca and remove/reinstall OEM.

1 person found this helpful
          • 2. Re: 11gR2 em install / config question.
            Thanks for the reply. I used dbca to create a database which I had thought was done
            during the original install. It ran forever and eventually gave me an error message
            'Error Instantiating OC4J files'. When I looked in the emconfig.log file, there were
            several missing xml files in E:\app\Administrator\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\oc4j\j2ee\

In fact, the 'config' folder was empty. Going back to my original question regarding
            those missing files, why would they be missing? Is the oem a separate install
            process or is it done when the 11g database is installed?

Thanks, Ron
            • 3. Re: 11gR2 em install / config question.
              It is optional in the installation process. The missing files may be issue from your installation.

But anytime you can use the dbca and install OEM. You should pay attention, i think on the installation process the database would have to be offline, check it out.