This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 16, 2012 4:40 AM by amin_adatia RSS

How to notify user that document was indexed successfully

Anne-Marie Rosa Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

in our web application users can upload documents, which will be indexed by a sync job. The uploaded document names are displayed on a web page and now we would like to display next to the name a second column, which informs the user, whether the document is successfully indexed or not.
I know, that I can find the document's rowid in ctx_user_pending, ctx_user_index_errors and after successful indexing in the..$K tables.
The problem is that our index is a partitioned index and the names of the $K tables are not related to the names of the underlying partitions. The names seem to be serially numbered from 0001$K to 9999$K, but I do not knows if that will be the case in all installations. After all, what happens when there are more than 9999 partitions, in 11g it could be up to 1,048,575? Or Oracle might change the naming conventions in a future release.
So it might not be a good idea to use the $K table to find out, if a document was indexed successfully.

Any hints are welcome
  • 1. Re: How to notify user that document was indexed successfully
    amin_adatia Newbie
    Currently Being Moderated
    We also have partitions. Something I do to find the number of tokens for a document
    Step 1
    FOR C1 in
    (SELECT
      t1.ixp_table_name
     ,t1.ixp_table_partition_name
     ,t1.ixp_docid_count
     ,'DR#'||t1.ixp_index_name||lpad(t1.ixp_id,4,0)||'$I'  TOKEN_TABLE
    ,'DR#'||t1.ixp_index_name||lpad(t1.ixp_id,4,0)||'$K'  DOCUMENT_TABLE
    FROM ctx_user_index_partitions t1
    WHERE t1.ixp_index_name = p_Index
    AND     t1.IXP_PATITION_NAME = <partition_identifier>  --- we have partitions by day and have the date embedded in the name
    ORDER BY t1.ixp_table_partition_name
    )
    LOOP

v_query := 'select /+* parallel (a 4) */ count(*) from '||C1.TOKEN_TABLE||' a';

execute immediate v_query into v_Tokens;

IF v_Tokens != 0 THEN <there is something indexed> and I list the documents

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points