7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 19, 2012 12:08 PM by 967165 RSS

Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open

Hi,
      when i tried to add SUNWi1cs and SUNWi15cs packages, i got the following error:
      ##Installation part 1 of 1.
      /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWi1cs/install/i.none: /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWi1cs/install/i.none: cannot open
      pkaadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully
      Installation of <SUNWi1cs> failed.

I installed solaris10 u10 x86 on the VM. i.none had rwx permissions before installation. I installed solaris10 3 different times from 3 different solaris10 download b/c i thought may be the file corrupted. but, it still gave me the same error. please help....
        • 1. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
          muvvas
          Hi will you try to install from dvd directly like

bash-3.2# pwd
          /cdrom/sol_10_811_x86/Solaris_10/Product
          pkgadd -d `pwd` SUNWi1cs
          • 2. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
            Thanks muvvas, here is what I did:
            1. #pkgadd -d /mnt/hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product SUNWi1cs
            output:
            processing package instance <SUNWi1cs> from <hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product>
            X11.............
            ## checking for setuid/setgid program.
            Installing X11 IS08859-1 codeset support as <SUNWi1cs>
            ##installing part 1 of 1.
            /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWi1cs/install/i.none: /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWi1cs/install/i.none: cannot open
            pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully

2. next I did as below:
            #cd /mnt/hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product
            #pkgadd -d SUNWi1cs

output:
            pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product/SUNWi1cs>
            (I check and the package was there. dont know why it doesn't see it)
            3. as your advice
            #pwd
            #pkgadd -d 'pwd' SUNWi1cs
            output:
            pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
            -open of <pwd> failed, errno=2
            pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from <pwd>
            if I do pwd
            then pkgadd -d 'directory to the file' SUNWi1cs, the same error as 1 occured.

thanks..
            • 3. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
              Alan.S-Oracle
              964162 wrote:
              Thanks muvvas, here is what I did:
              1. #pkgadd -d /mnt/hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product SUNWi1cs
              output:
              processing package instance <SUNWi1cs> from <hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product>
              X11.............
              ## checking for setuid/setgid program.
              Installing X11 IS08859-1 codeset support as <SUNWi1cs>
              ##installing part 1 of 1.
              pkgadd: ERROR: class action script did not complete successfully

This is the right syntax. Is /var/sadm/pkg properly mounted? Is there already a SUNWi1cs directory there?

>
              2. next I did as below:
              #cd /mnt/hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product
              #pkgadd -d SUNWi1cs

output:
              pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </hgfs/sol_10_811_x86/solaris_10/product/SUNWi1cs>
              (I check and the package was there. dont know why it doesn't see it)
              Please check the manpage for pkgadd. "-d" takes a directory as the next argument, followed by a list of packages.
              3. as your advice
              #pwd
              #pkgadd -d 'pwd' SUNWi1cs
              You missed that these are back quotes, not forward quotes. But that is not the issue if the packages are in the directory you gave in #1 above.

output:
              pkgadd: ERROR: attempt to process datastream failed
              -open of <pwd> failed, errno=2
              pkgadd: ERROR: could not process datastream from <pwd>
              if I do pwd
              then pkgadd -d 'directory to the file' SUNWi1cs, the same error as 1 occured.

thanks..
              -- Alan
              • 4. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
                Thanks Alan...
                I deleted SUNWi1cs @/var/sadm/pkg after each unsuccessful installation. I dont know how to check if the /var/sadm/pkg is properly mount, but if I can do like: #cd /var/sadm/pkg then I believe it works correctly right?

Thanks
                • 5. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
                  Alan,
                  as #2 i changed my syntax to: #pkgadd -d . SUNWi1cs the output is the same as #1
                  as the result from #1, i have partially installed SUNWi1cs... what prevents i.none from being open?
                  • 6. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
                    Alan.S-Oracle
                    I'm not sure what the problem is, but you can try adding the "-v" option for pkgadd, which will run the pkgadd/install scripts in debug (sh -x) mode. But it may be failing before that point. After a failed install, what is the output from:

find /var/sadm/pkg/SUNWi1cs -ls

It may show if there are any permissions issues.

-- Alan
                    • 7. Re: Installation of SUNWi1cs SUNWi15cs failed due to i.none cannot open
                      Alan,
                      Thanks... I have tried that and no permission issues found. but I have worked out the issue.
                      when I installed solaris 10 on my VM, I usually went with default install. Now, I choose custom install and then choose English (United States) (en_US) and English United States, UTF-8)(en_US.UTF-8) then
                      choose en_US.ISO8859-1 and then Entire Group Plus OEM. it installs everything (I suppose). after installation, I check pkginfo for SUNWi1cs and SUNWi15cs; they are there. I know it does not solve my original question but it works out for me.

Thanks all....