This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 2:59 AM by Michael Peel RSS

MDEX benchmark

949379 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi ,

I am looking for some kind of performance benchmark results of MDEX. Specifically for MDEX 6.2.x and MDEX 6.3.x. Can somebody point me to the right palce.

Thanks,
SP
  • 1. Re: MDEX benchmark
    PravinChikhale Explorer
    There are no such benchmarks available in any documentation or online, but you can do it by yourself using eneperf utility provided by Endeca.
    Install both MDEX version on separate machine and try it on similar set of data.

Also go through Release notes and MDEX Migration Guide to get information on any fix made which might improve performance.

HTH

-Pravin
  • 2. Re: MDEX benchmark
    Michael Peel Journeyer
    Performance is inextricably linked to the application index I'm afraid, so there isn't any simple magic number. Main features I've found that impact performance are:
    - number of records in the index
    - size of records
    - analytics
    - partial update usage
    - wildcard usage
    - large number of dimensions/values
    Hardware factors include:
    - CPU speed
    - Memory
    - Disk type (I/O plays a big part on cache flush from baseline/partial etc.)

Your best bet is to contact sales or consulting and they can assist with any hardware sizing (assuming this is for hardware sizing).

Michael
  • 3. Re: MDEX benchmark
    949379 Newbie
    Thanks for response. This is good information.

Also do we know the performance difference of MDEX 6.2 and MDEX 6.3 with everthing else being same.
  • 4. Re: MDEX benchmark
    Michael Peel Journeyer
    Yes, there are performance enhancements in 6.3 - specifically around partial updates and continuous queries. You can find general notes here: http://www.oracle.com/ocom/groups/public/@otn/documents/digitalasset/1704701.pdf . The big one is cache warming - I've not used this yet, but it should mitigate the issue of slower performance directly after a partial update (which occurred due to the cache being cleared, a necessary evil given the data has been updated).

Michael

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points