This content has been marked as final. Show 3 replies
964247 wrote:I am always a little more strict in giving answers to those going for those giving exams for OCE and OCP certifications, as IMHO it is important for candidates to seek out infomation for themselves.
I will be giving my OCA SQL Expert exam and would like to know about the scoring system of oracle in these exams like
1. Are there any negatives i.e does marking an answer wrong deduct points?
2. Are there different marks for different questions or do all questions carry equal weightage?
Any help would be greatly appreciated :)
- In an ideal world i tell people to goto the certification.oracle.com and seek support/FAQ and the section 'Taking the exam' where such questions are answered.
However the answer is not directly there.
So without trailing through a couple of other places where you might find an authorative reference i'll given my best opinion:
All questions care equal weightage (thought exceptionally there may be 1/2 unmarked trial questions in your exam ... but that would be invisable to you ... these carry no marks whether you get it right wrong).
And You either get the question totally 'right' (in the exams eyes) or you get no marks ... there is no negative scoring .... a guess does not give a worse outcome than unanswered or not fully answered)
1. Are there any negatives i.e does marking an answer wrong deduct points?Answering a question incorrectly and not answering it at all have the same 'negative' effect on your test score. Essentially, you are better off guessing than leaving a question unanswered.
2. Are there different marks for different questions or do all questions carry equal weightage?I've never seen anything from Oracle Education specifically addressing this. However, they do mention that multiple answer questions do not get partial credit if you were to get, for example, two out of three of the correct answers. They specifically note than an answer is either right or wrong, with no grey area. This implies that all questioned have the same weight.
Answer to #1 is correct. I'd just like to confirm answer to #2 - all questions carry equal weight on multiple choice exams.
Certification Forum Moderator