3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 2:09 AM by Nicolas.Gasparotto RSS

Regarding Peoplesoft HCM Client

Hi all

I will like to ask what shall I install in a client desktop? Must I install

PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 Client Only
      PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 Verity
      PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1 Feature Pack 2

Is it that I install Client Only will do or I still have to install PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1 Feature Pack 2? Can someone please assist me?

Another problem what is PeopleSoft Human Capital Management 9.1 Feature Pack 2 about and different from PeopleSoft PeopleTools 8.52 Client Only? I think it might be an easy answer for you guys, but I am new to oracle and confused as well as not sure what is it about. I sincerely need you guys for help.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Regarding Peoplesoft HCM Client
          Nicolas.Gasparotto
          What do you plan to do from within the client ?
          For a developer, you'll certainly need Peopletools (in addition of Oracle client). For business and front end access only, nothing is required but a browser.
          As for the application layer, I don't really see the use as a client except for the database installation and process scheduler.

Nicolas.
          • 2. Re: Regarding Peoplesoft HCM Client
            Hi Nicolas

I already have one server and client on one desktop for PeopleSoft. Is there a need to duplicate another client only to access to the server database?
            I read thread on Why is Oracle Client needed?
            and what do you mean by this Without Oracle client, you cannot access to the database. Without acces to the database, you cannot run sql (if you do customization - new or modification of existing). Without access to the database, you cannot run DMS (import/export/update/delete...).
            What do you mean in this sentence: you cannot run sql (if you do customization - new or modification of existing)you cannot run sql (if you do customization - new or modification of existing)

Thanks.
            • 3. Re: Regarding Peoplesoft HCM Client
              Nicolas.Gasparotto
              To be continued in your other thread : PeopleSoft Installation
              To avoid misunderstanding, this one is now locked.

Nicolas.