Per my understanding, after searching in many threads,i am here by summarising the practical low level steps for custom forms migrationYou are right, and the steps mentioned above should be sufficient.
Please correct me,if i am wrong.
1) Download the Forms(.fmb's) and all PLL's(all the PLL from resource folder in AU_TOP) into a Local Machine Folder
2) Open the forms using Forms Developer 10G and connect to DB
3) Compile by clicking compilein Forms Developer and then save it.
4) Upload the Saved Forms(.fmb's) into the new R12 server(system) in the respective custom paths(paths similar to 11i Server)
5) Compile all the forms using the command like below(example command is shown below or f60 gen commands or frmcmp.sh utility) in the respective custom form paths,
this will generate the .fmx's.
frmcmp_batch module=FORMNAME.fmb userid=apps/apps output_file=FORMNAME.fmx compile_all=yes
Link for compiling forms: https://support.oracle.com/epmos/faces/ui/km/SearchDocDisplay.jspx?_afrLoop=359210362972527&type=DOCUMENT&id=1085928.1&displayIndex=3&_afrWindowMode=0&_adf.ctrl-state=c348xvwbg_98
6) Open the form and check in R12 instance
As per my understanding for custom form libraries,we can just copy paste the PLL's from 11i server to R12 server (Please correct me,if i am wrong)
Can anyone please help me out in custom reports and custom workflows.Sorry that,i could not get a practical and clear picture for reports and also for workflow even after referring many threads and metalink notes mentioned.You can still use RDF files in R12, and just follow the approach you mentioned above, and you do not have to migrate them to XML publisher (though it is recommended, but this can be done after the upgrade as an enhancement task).
As for reports,some says that Developer Suite 10g can be used and .rdf can be used in R12.
Some says that reports should be converted to XML published as reports does not exists in R12.
So,i am not clear on this.
1) Download all the custom workflow files.The above steps (1 to 3) are correct.
2) Open the Workflow Builder,Connect it to R12 DB
3) If any changes needed do it else directly save it.
4) Upload the files into R12 Server in the corresponsing custom paths.
Kindly let me know above is correct or not.
You mean to say,it is like a package or procedure - it would be stored in DB on saving and hence do not need to upload the custom workflow files like rdf's into the R12 system?Correct.
Kindly provide me approach in steps for custom reports.For custom reports, you need to download them to your local machine, compile them (using Reports Builder 10g) and make sure they return no errors. Then, upload those rdf files back to the server in the correct directories.
As i mentioned,i do not have any approach and steps for reports.