This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 10, 2012 10:54 AM by AlejandroSosa RSS

Regarding business event Creation

894347 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi folks,

My requirement is to create a workflow using business event. It is done and working as expected in 'development' instance.

Next I need to move the workflow and implement the business events in 'Production' instance. But am not having the sysadmin login credentials for production and it is the option to create to business events.

Kindly suggest me any other solution for this

Thanks in advance
  • 1. Re: Regarding business event Creation
    AlejandroSosa Journeyer
    Currently Being Moderated
    You can do this via command line WFXLoad utility but you will need the apps scheme password.

In the source environment, where the event and its subscriptions are define, download the data as follows:

- Download business event definition
    java oracle.apps.fnd.wf.WFXLoad -d apps <passwd> <db server name>:<port>:<SID> thin US eventDef.wfx EVENTS <event name>
    example
    java oracle.apps.fnd.wf.WFXLoad -d apps apps myserver.oracle.com:8068:PROD thin US myEvent.wfx EVENTS oracle.apps.fnd.wf.myevent.created

- Download business event subscriptions
    java oracle.apps.fnd.wf.WFXLoad -d apps <passwd> <db server name>:<port>:<SID> thin US eventSubs.wfx SUBSCRIPTIONS <event name>

In the target instance, where you do not have access to events studio:

- Upload business event definition
    java oracle.apps.fnd.wf.WFXLoad -u apps <passwd> <db server name>:<port>:<SID> thin US eventDef.wfx

- Upload business event subscriptions
    java oracle.apps.fnd.wf.WFXLoad -u apps <passwd> <db server name>:<port>:<SID> thin US eventSubs.wfx

In the syntax I used eventDef.wfx and eventSubs.wfx but you can use any file name.

Regards,

Alejandro

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points