This discussion is archived
1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 10:43 AM by KellyMayfield RSS

Density UOM Question

895703 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Need help with UOM in Formulation Specifications. For example: I have enter the UOM for Density as lb / gal in Material Specifications, but when I enter this spec in Formulation Specification, the Output is shown as g / ml for Density. Is there a way I can get the same UOM as entered in Material Specifications (lb/gal)?
  • 1. Re: Density UOM Question
    KellyMayfield Expert
    Currently Being Moderated
    Theoretical Density on the output popup is currently always calculated with the system base UOMs of g / ml.

Here are few ways you can work around this issue:

1. Manual Workaround: You can manually convert this value and provide an override on the output popup or on the material specification itself.
    2. Custom Data Workaround: You can create calculated extended attributes that reference the g/ml calculated value then display density in the UOMs you prefer.
    3. Technical Workaround: You can continue to push the g/ml values to the output specification and create an extension that converts g/ml to lb/gal when the output specification is saved. This will display the lb/gal value in the specification column on the output popup and guarantee that the output specification density attribute is saved with the correct value and UOMs.

We hope to make density UOMs a user preference in a future release. Please submit an enhancement request so we can notify you when this feature is available.

Thanks
    Kelly

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points