3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 12, 2012 4:55 PM by user1011603 RSS

Identifying users who have made unfortunate mistakes

user1011603
      Working in a multi-user enviroment (server) and somehow someone has over progressed a couple thousand activities ie...actual dates start and finish. is there any report or data log i can run or check to identify the user. Ive checked the (last modified by) but in the past ive found that is not always correct?
        • 1. Re: Identifying users who have made unfortunate mistakes
          gCubed
          Not sure if this would give you your answer but there is a task_update_date and task_update_user field in the database. Here is a MSSQL query that I ran against my database. Just set the from_date variable to filter the results set.

declare @from_date varchar (10)
          set @from_date = '08/01/2012'

select p.proj_short_name, CONVERT(varchar,t.update_date,101) as task_update_date, t.update_user as task_update_user, COUNT(t.update_user) as user_update_count
          from dbo.TASK t
          inner join dbo.PROJECT p on p.proj_id = t.proj_id
          where t.update_date > convert(datetime, @from_date, 101)
          group by p.proj_short_name, CONVERT(varchar,t.update_date,101), t.update_user

Gene
          • 2. Re: Identifying users who have made unfortunate mistakes
            user1011603
            Thanks,

i'll try that in the morning.

Josh
            • 3. Re: Identifying users who have made unfortunate mistakes
              user1011603
              in my situation with so many activities being affected i was able to use this query to identify the user. but the issue i am now trying to run down is what could they have been doing to progress 21000 activies in less than an hour. it was not auto progress using the spot light tool. the user was running reports and leveling resources when he noticed the progress?? is there any other function that could progress acftivies out past the DD actual start and finish them??