6 Replies Latest reply: Oct 30, 2013 4:50 PM by fbadc1d1-8ebd-407f-9174-3bc9fe125b87 RSS

Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.

I have installed Oracle 11g, RCU (WCC 11.1.1.6), Web Center Content 11.1.1.6 (C:\Oracle\Middleware\Oracle_ECM1) and created a domain for Content and was trying to restart the Weblogic Admin Server (C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\WC_Domain6\bin).

I get the below error:

'C:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\Oracle_ECM1\ucm\idc\bin\\Installer -noCommEnv -platform win3
      2 -dumpFormat %s=%s -show IDC_NATIVE_PATH' is not recognized as an internal or e
      xternal command,
      operable program or batch file.
      Content Server provided no native path information in idcCommEnv.cmd.
      'C:\Oracle\MIDDLE~1\Oracle_ECM1\ucm\idc\bin\\Installer -noCommEnv -platform win3
      2 -show NativeOsUtils_classpath' is not recognized as an internal or external co
      mmand,
      operable program or batch file.
      The directory name is invalid.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.
        • 1. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
          datrumole
          what command did you run to start the admin server?
          • 2. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
            This is the satrtup script...C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\WC_Domain6\bin\startWebLogic
            • 3. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
              datrumole
              I have a batch file i create that will start everything up. I don't think i've ever seen your error, but the admin server can be called using the startWeblogic up one dir from Bin, i dont know if it makes a difference but i've always used that one. Copy and paste below into a text file (update your paths and urls accordingly), rename to a .bat and you should be able to start everything at once

@echo off
              START "ECMAdmin" C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IMTST\startweblogic.cmd
              TIMEOUT 100
              START "NodeManager" C:\Oracle\Middleware\wlserver_10.3\server\bin\startNodeManager
              TIMEOUT 15
              START "soaserver1" C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IMTST\bin\startmanagedweblogic soa_server1 http://IMTSTipm01:7001
              START "UCMserver1" C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IMTST\bin\startmanagedweblogic UCM_server1 http://IMTSTipm01:7001
              TIMEOUT 150
              START "IPMserver1" C:\Oracle\Middleware\user_projects\domains\IMTST\bin\startmanagedweblogic IPM_server1 http://IMTSTipm01:7001
              • 4. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
                Thank you for your reply.
                Unfortunately the first script (startWebLogic.cmd) itself I am receiving the error. :(
                • 5. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
                  This happened to me too! After some research, I found that some program I installed had changed the value of 'path' environment variable such that '%systemroot%' had replaced 'c:\windows' in it. That is why it could not find the 'findstr' command which is present in the 'c:\windows\system32' folder.

Simply replace all occurrences of '%systemroot%' (it may be in multiple cases) with 'c:\windows' and you should be good to go!
                  • 6. Re: Weblogic Admin Server Doesnt start.
                    fbadc1d1-8ebd-407f-9174-3bc9fe125b87

When you say "some research" where did you find the documentation for this problema. Hope you remember