I have a question about the expected duration for process and order.
As I've seen in OSM Document, OSM report can show us the *"expected duration"* for Task Level, Process Level and Order Level.
In design studio I can define the expected duration for task which the value will be directly save to the database.
I first assumed that expected duration for process will be derived from tasks under that process and same for order that derives from processes.
But after I've test, I found that expected duration does not seem to change as my assumption.
As I can see from database logic: For Process, does not seem to have any configuration page to define the expected duration on Process page, also does not seem to have any function/logic to calculate. For Order, there are some stored procedures to generate the report but they are all wrapped and I can't learn how they work. So my questions are
1. How the expected duration comes from for both process level and order level?
2. I want to know that in case the actual duration reaches the expected duration, will there be any further execution to re-calculate the expected duration or expected duration will be shifted or something like that?
Appreciate your help
Hi, I am not aware of any expected duration linked to an order.
As to the process, there is an exected duration linked to each process.
You can then declare a jaopardy on the Order editor to be triggered when the process expected duration is exceeded.
The dowside of that is that the Design Studio does not let you configure this expected duration on the Order editor.
If you look at the xml resource, however, you can see it is there populated with a default value of 86400 seconds i.e. one day.
You might be able to modify this value in the xml file and test whether it is reflected in the DB metadata.
The truth is the old tool gave you the possibility to set and modify the process expected duration.
However, I wonder how this would be handled on Orchestration Orders where you do not have a single process assigned to the order (the way it happens with static order), but one assigned to each executable component. This might be the reason why the attribute is hidden in the DS GUI.
You might try an SR for this. You could argue with lost functionality, since in 6.3 the feature was there.
Hope that clarifies the matter.