1 Reply Latest reply: Nov 21, 2012 8:39 AM by SimonHoy RSS

Exit button on the workflow

Sumit Khullar
      Dear All,

I want to know about the exit button that has been added on the workflow page.I have already referred the Oracle help document but did not understand.Can you please help me.

Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
      CRMOD User.
        • 1. Re: Exit button on the workflow
          SimonHoy
          user12880720 wrote:
          Dear All,

I want to know about the exit button that has been added on the workflow page.I have already referred the Oracle help document but did not understand.Can you please help me.

Quick response will be highly appreciated.

Thanks,
          CRMOD User.
          Hello,

In the help documentation:

+If you select the Exit check box on this workflow rule, and if the condition on the rule is met, then the active actions on this workflow rule are performed. However, none of the subsequent workflow rules that are based on the same record type and the same trigger event, and where applicable, the same parent record type, are triggered.+

If the condition on this workflow rule is not met, then Oracle CRM On Demand proceeds to the next rule in the sequence, regardless of the setting of the Exit check box on this workflow rule.

e.g.

If you were to tick the exit box on WF3 then WF4 will not run afterwards OR
          If you were to tick the exit box on WF1 then WF3 & WF4 will not run afterwards

Workflow name Workflow trigger Record Type Order
          WF1 When New Record Created Contact 1
          WF2 When Modified Record Saved Contact 1
          WF3                    When New Record Created         Contact                          3
          WF4 When New Record Created Contact 4

Hope that helps

Edited by: 972501 on Nov 21, 2012 6:37 AM