This discussion is archived
10 Replies Latest reply: Jun 18, 2013 6:23 PM by Chiedu7-yahoo RSS

How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?

amorsolo Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

Does anybody have successfully installed EBS R12 on Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium (32 or 64 bit)?
If the answer is yes, please share your experience.
It is not important at this point whether Oracle has certified Windows 7 or not.
I just want to know if this can be done.

Thanks,
F. Amorsolo

Edited by: amorsolo on Oct 12, 2012 8:35 PM
  • 1. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Hussein Sawwan-Oracle Employee ACE
    Does anybody have successfully installed EBS R12 on Windows 7 Professional or Home Premium (32 or 64 bit)?
    It is not important at this point whether Oracle has certified Windows 7 or not.

Thanks,
    F. Amorsolo
    Windows 7 is not certified as you mentioned above, and I have never heard of any successful installation of 11i/R12 on Windows 7 Professional/Home (32-bit or 64-bit).

You could create a VM, and use a certified OS (Windows or Linux) then install R12.

Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86 [ID 761564.1]
    Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Microsoft Windows Server (32-bit) [ID 761567.1]

https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Release+AND+12+AND+VM+AND+Installation&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001
    https://forums.oracle.com/forums/search.jspa?threadID=&q=Release+AND+12+AND+VM+AND+Install&objID=c3&dateRange=all&userID=&numResults=15&rankBy=10001

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 2. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    Pl see my blog (linked in my profile) for details on how to install R12.1.1 in a Linux VM on Win 7 Home computer

HTH
    Srini
  • 3. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Srini Chavali wrote:
    Pl see my blog (linked in my profile) for details on how to install R12.1.1 in a Linux VM on Win 7 Home computer

HTH
    Srini
    I believe you already mentioned this before in the old threads referenced above.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 4. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Helios-GunesEROL Oracle ACE
    Hi;
    It could be done or not, question is why you want to make installation on not certified platform. If even you succeded you can not get any support from oracle. By the way if you wonder someone succeded or not I belive the better quesion is Is anyone try it on win 8 :)

Regard
    Helios
  • 5. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    amorsolo Newbie
    Hi,

It could be done or not, question is why you want to make installation on not certified platform.

I would like to install Oracle EBS to my personal laptop. For as long as it works, it does not matter to me whether it is Oracle certified or not. It is very convinient for me to use my laptop to demo the applications (VISION) to my business users. The company I work for do not have the Vision model of Oracle installed in their EBS system not to mention the response time issue.

I had Oracel EBS R12 installed on my personal Desktop but it won't make sense to carry my desktop around attending meetings with business users going from one building to another. Sometimes travelling to far locations to meet with business users. Yes, we use WebEx as well but sometimes you need to meet in person.

If even you succeded you can not get any support from oracle.

Oracle support for my laptop is not important at the moment.

By the way if you wonder someone succeded or not I belive the better quesion is Is anyone try it on win 8

Win 8 is not what I have installed on my laptop right now. Besides, I have no time to play with Win 8 right now.

Thanks,
    A
  • 6. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    amorsolo Newbie
    Hi Hussein,

Thanks for the information.

Regards,
    A
  • 7. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    amorsolo Newbie
    Srini Chavali wrote:

HTH
    Srini
    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I do not have Linux VM. This is for my laptop with Win 7 only.
    Regards,
    A
  • 8. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Srini Chavali-Oracle Oracle ACE Director
    amorsolo wrote:
    Srini Chavali wrote:

HTH
    Srini
    Thanks for responding. Unfortunately, I do not have Linux VM. This is for my laptop with Win 7 only.
    Regards,
    A
    For personal learning purposes, you can download and install a VM on your Win 7 laptop for free.

HTH
    Srini
  • 9. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Win 8 is not what I have installed on my laptop right now. Besides, I have no time to play with Win 8 right now.
    You may try Windows XP Professional. Even though it is not supported, you can manage to install R12 on XP.

Thanks,
    Hussein
  • 10. Re: How to install Oracle EBS R12 on Windows 7 (32-bit)?
    Chiedu7-yahoo Newbie

Yes I have been able to install EBS r12 on windows 7 ultimate 64bit  SP1 without any problems.

From my experience of checking blogs, I recommend that you don't have any oracle product installed.

Especially the Oracle database. Don't worry EBS has it's own Database.
    Which you can use as normal, you just need to set your environment variables first!

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points