This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Nov 19, 2012 9:00 AM by Segal RSS

Viewing Historical Signature Documents

938167 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Has anyone had problems viewing historical signature documents? We can view some but not others. The pop up just comes up blank.
Any advice would be great.

Thanks.
  • 1. Re: Viewing Historical Signature Documents
    Matt J Journeyer
    Hi, Belinda;

what app version are you on and can you provide some examples? When you say it works for some and not others, are you referring to certain spec types vs others or, for example, some material specs have sig docs while other material specs do not?

If the latter, this is by design. The page will be blank unless a sig request has been actioned on a previous workflow status. So furthermore, if the spec is using a workflow that does not contain any sig requests or the spec is in a status prior to any sig requests taking place, then the page will be blank.

Although I guess a friendly message could be added to say, "There are no historical sig docs."

thanks,

-M

Edited by: Matt J on Oct 17, 2012 11:46 AM
    added possible explanation
  • 2. Re: Viewing Historical Signature Documents
    938167 Newbie
    Thanks Matt,

We are on Version 6.0.0.4.26.

I've had a look in a bit more detail and they are working for ingredients and packaging.
    It seems for formulation and trade they are not coming up for older specs (probably created in V5) but all recent specs are working. Could it be something to do with the migration to V6?
    Where do i check the workflow to see if signature requests are turned on? Is it possible to somehow turn the older versions signature documents back on or is it likely they didn't exist in the first place?

Thanks,
    Belinda
  • 3. Re: Viewing Historical Signature Documents
    Matt J Journeyer
    Belinda:
    Could it be something to do with the migration to V6?
    i'm not sure. do you still have a copy of the old 5.2.2 DB? if so, I can give you a script to check if sig docs existed for a particular spec.
    Where do i check the workflow to see if signature requests are turned on?
    in the workflow, if you have a user defined in the signature requests grid
    Is it possible to somehow turn the older versions signature documents back on or is it likely they didn't exist in the first place?
    There is not an old vs new. if you have a copy of the 5.2.2 DB, then we can check if the data matches.

thank you,
  • 4. Re: Viewing Historical Signature Documents
    Segal Explorer
    Marked as answered due to lack of response.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points