This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 15, 2012 12:04 PM by user556959 RSS

Retrieving (Coherence) log files from EM

864480 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,

quick question. Although I can see in the documentation that EM allows to create logs alerts:

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E24628_01/install.121/e24215/coherence_monitor.htm#CFADEHFI

I was wondering if I can retrieve a specific log from any of the machines within the Coherence cluster, without having to log on locally.

Many thanks
Angel
  • 1. Re: Retrieving (Coherence) log files from EM
    user556959 Newbie
    The Log Alert is a Host level feature. We dont have specific for Coherence logs.
    Is this Standalone Coherence or running on WLS?
    Could you pls provide more info about customer and usecases.
  • 2. Re: Retrieving (Coherence) log files from EM
    864480 Newbie
    HI,

thanks for your reply.

In this case, the cluster is being monitored/managed using Cloud Control's Coherence Management pack.
    I was wondering whether there is any feature on EM Cloud Control which allows to retrieve a log file from any of the "monitored" hosts (machines on which Coherence member run) without having to remotely log into the machine (SSH, RDP, etc) to obtain it.

I hope this shed some light on my question. Thanks
  • 3. Re: Retrieving (Coherence) log files from EM
    user556959 Newbie
    If this Coherence is running on WLS then there is a WLS management feature that allows user to export the FMW logs.
    For standalone Coherence currently we only support setting Log Alerts at Host level.

I would like to work with this customer, could you please share more details.
    We can study and consider their use case.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points