This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 16, 2012 5:46 AM by Dude! RSS

OEL 5 (64bit)

Fayn_dba Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi experts:

Please any one knows for downloading ORACLE ENTERPRISE LINUX 5 (64bit) image.

If so than please provide me link for !

This image should contain oracle-validate package

Thanks in Advance
  • 1. Re: OEL 5 (64bit)
    Avi Miller Guru
    Fayn_dba wrote:
    http://edelivery.oracle.com/linux
  • 2. Re: OEL 5 (64bit)
    EdStevens Guru
    Fayn_dba wrote:
    Hi experts:

If so than please provide me link for !
    Gee, if I wanted to download any software from any vendor, I'd start with said vendor's home page and look for a 'download' link. Surprisingly, www.oracle.com does have such a link.
    >
    This image should contain oracle-validate package
    The OS installation is only concerned with the OS. It does not know or care that you want to use it for oracle databases. If you want to install the oracle-validated package you have to install it yourself. Fortunately, that is very easy to do. Just go to the site for the oracle public yum server (google is your friend, if you use it) and follow the instructions for configuring your OS to use the yum server. Once you've configured the OS to talk to the yum server, simply 'yum install oracle-validated'. Or 'yum install whatever-package-i-need'.

Thanks in Advance
  • 3. Re: OEL 5 (64bit)
    Dude! Guru
    The oracle-validated package triggers the installation of software and prepares the system for Oracle RDBMS install. It is included on all Oracle Linux 5 installation media.

You should find all information you need to download and install Oracle Linux at https://linux.oracle.com

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points