This discussion is archived
3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 7:14 AM by SunilN RSS

Dgraph Memory Utilization

SunilN Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am using Endeca MDEX Engine 6.2.1 server and Platform services 6.1.0 on window env., Dgraph is utilizing high memory, and it is not releasing that memory after the query processing,

Has any one faced this type of problem earlier.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,
Sunil,

Edited by: Sunil N on Oct 16, 2012 9:39 AM
  • 1. Re: Dgraph Memory Utilization
    Michael Peel Journeyer
    Hi Sunil

Are you definitely not using MDEX 6.1.3 (you entered this originally then edited it)? I could see this happening on 6.1.3 if you have wildcard search enabled - there is a bug in that version that causes a memory leak (when a customer makes a wildcard-only search that gets past any web application checks for minimum characters, e.g. ***). No idea what could cause this in 6.2.1. Is this the same issue as you previously reported, and did you follow any of the steps outlined by the respondents on that thread?

Michael
  • 2. Re: Dgraph Memory Utilization
    sabdelhalim Newbie
    Hi Sunil,

did you try running perf tools to see what results you were getting ?

running a reqloganalyzer (if you are running MDEX 6.2 the new name of Cheetah) with a --showAll flag, share the results and see if there is anything unusual in the worst queries section,

runnning eneperf using a reqlogparsed file against your Dgraph ...

regards
    Saleh
  • 3. Re: Dgraph Memory Utilization
    SunilN Newbie
    Hi guys,

Thanks for helping me. I got the reason for high memory utilization. it is due to wild card enabled for many dimensions and properties.

Thanks,

Sunil N

Edited by: Sunil N on Oct 22, 2012 9:13 AM

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points