7 Replies Latest reply: Jan 29, 2013 12:18 AM by User295366 RSS

Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2

pavan.Rempar
      Hi,

Please tell me the step to Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2 in Glass fish server.

Thanks.
        • 1. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
          Prabodh
          Please tell me the step to Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2 in Glass fish server.
          Apex 4.1 or 4.2 make no difference for ApexListener (which is on GF)

You upgrade Apex in the DB Instance.

1. Download Apex 4.2 and Unzip in a temp folder. Say C:\Temp on Windows or /tmp on Unix/Linux
          2. Follow the steps for installation in the Installation document. (SQL>@apexins ...../i/)

Cheers
          • 2. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
            Mindmap
            Hi,

Did you go over the installation guide. There are two steps here before you upgrade.

[url http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E37097_01/doc/install.42/e35123/otn_install.htm#CBHEBDHD] Post Installation Tasks for Upgrade Installations

Make sure to backup your database and perhaps you export your applications before you update ....

Best Regards,
            Fateh
            • 3. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
              Mindmap
              Hi,

Please read this thread, {thread:id=2452491} it summaries the upgrade process. Yet, it is always better if you go over the docs.

Regarding Glassfish, you do not need to do any changes, unless you are using Apex Listener 2. Deploying apex listener 2 on Glassfish is completely different process than what we used to do with Apex Listener 1.3 or 1.4 ..

Best Luck
              • 4. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
                pavan.Rempar
                Hi,

we are configured the APEX in application tier but in the installation step need to run the apexins.sql with SYSDBA user.we can't able to access the SYSDBA privillage in the application tier.

Thx..
                • 5. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
                  Tozt87
                  You should be able to upgrade your APEX 4.1 to APEX 4.2 just by following the installation guide step by step.

Basicly you need to run the install script, drop the previous apex schema, and update the images.
                  • 6. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
                    pavan.Rempar
                    Thx all.....
                    • 7. Re: Upgrade APEX 4.1 to 4.2
                      User295366
                      Just to borrow this thread to verify.

So basically I just have to:

1) Stop apex listnener
                      2) invoke installer
                      SQL> @apexins.sql APEX APEX TEMP /i/
                      3) verify
                      select status from dba_registry where comp_id='APEX';
                      4) copy new images
                      5) start listener

There is no need to redeploy or reconfigure APEX listener deployment on application server?

tnx.