This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 17, 2012 9:49 AM by 968745 RSS

Certificate Error

968745 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I have no idea where this should be posted -- here is my best guess.

How do we clear up this problem? It just started a couple days ago with installation of the latest Java

image at http://pattinson.net/javaerror.jpg
  • 1. Re: Certificate Error
    EJP Guru
    Wouldn't it have been just as easy to type the dialog box question in here? Then nobody has to follow links. Then the question remains of permanent value when pastebin expires.
  • 2. Re: Certificate Error
    968745 Newbie
    No. I'd rather not type all that info and run the risk of a critical typo.

If I could copy/paste, that would have been the best option -- but it was not an option.
    Second option would have been to attach the image to the post -- again, not an option.
    And what pastebin? It only expires when I delete the image from my site.

Now that we've dispensed with woulda/coulda/shoulda, is there a solution?

Edited by: 965742 on Oct 16, 2012 5:48 PM
  • 3. Re: Certificate Error
    EJP Guru
    I don't know, because I've forgotten what the error message in the dialog box was, and I don't in general chase links to find problem statements. All I can remember is that it was quite short enough to transcribe reliably, and didn't contain any magical apocrypha. But it's your question, ask it any way you like. I'm only trying to help you increase your chances of getting it answered. Maybe someone else will chase your link. Good luck.
  • 4. Re: Certificate Error
    968745 Newbie
    Fine.

Revocation information for the security certificate for this site is not available. Do you want to proceed?
    [Yes] [No] [View Certificate]

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points