This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
I am installing Oracle® Database Server Version 220.127.116.11 Patch 11 Bundle Patch Update (14613223)
Release 18.104.22.168 for Microsoft Windows (x64)
The installation says to Follow these steps:
Please note that this patch is RAC rolling upgradable for GRID, and RDBMS homes.
Stop the Oracle services only in the home where the patch is being applied.
The order of patching in RAC install is GRID_HOME, then RDBMS_HOME
did the install instructions tell you to use
If yes, maybe you forget the -local....
However no worries. You can either startup the clusterstack + db on the node. then patch on GI on node2. However in this case you will have to patch RDBMS separately. Which then again, needs another "switch".
Or simply choose [n] to tell OPatch second node is not ready yet.
14613223 patch install instruction did not mention about opatch -local option.
Here is what i followed and completed the installation successfully.
1. Shutdown all oracle services on node 1
2. applied opatch for grid home and then rdbms home using "opatch apply -local" on node1
3. Started all oracle services on node 1
4. Shutdown all oracle services on node 2
5. applied opatch for gridhome and then rdbms home using "opatch apply -local" on node 2
6. Started all oracle services on node 2
7. executed post installation steps on the DB (@catwinbundle.sql & @utlrp.sql )