2 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 9:37 AM by 681102 RSS

Errors During Post Install Check on Ubuntu 12.04

Hello Gurus,

I'm trying to install EBS R12(12.1.1) on Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit. I patched the HTTP server with 6078836 (Copied libdb.so.2 to /usr/lib).
      I did the md5sum check before starting the install. I completed the kernel settings as per the note below:
      Oracle E-Business Suite Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.1.1) for Linux x86-64 [ID 761566.1]

Contents of /etc/hosts

127.0.0.1           localhost.localdomain      localhost
      192.168.1.101     erpbeginner.dyndns.org     erpbeginner

Installation went smooth till the Post install checks where it fails for the following:
      HTTP
      JSP
      Login Page
      Help Page
      Virtual Directory

Contents of the log file:

----------------------

command: /d01/stage/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/VIS_erpbeginner.env APPS/APPS

riwTDBup.sh started at Tue Oct 16 07:30:46 EDT 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/VIS_erpbeginner.env APPS/APPS

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0
      ORACLE_SID : VIS
      TWO_TASK :
      PATH : /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/perl/bin:/d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/jre/bin:/bin:/usr/bin/X11:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/d01/stage/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux_x64:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games:.
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/lib:/usr/dt/lib:/d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/ctx/lib

Executable : /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/bin/sqlplus

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 0

Database ORACLE_HOME connection test has succeeded

command: /d01/stage/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/bin/riwTDBup.sh /d01/r12/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_erpbeginner/ora/10.1.2/VIS_erpbeginner.env APPS/APPS

riwTDBup.sh started at Tue Oct 16 07:30:47 EDT 2012

Parameters passed are : /d01/r12/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_erpbeginner/ora/10.1.2/VIS_erpbeginner.env APPS/APPS

The environment settings are as follows ...

ORACLE_HOME : /d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2
      ORACLE_SID :
      TWO_TASK : VIS
      PATH : /d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.3/appsutil/jdk/jre/bin:/usr/bin:/d01/stage/startCD/Disk1/rapidwiz/unzip/Linux_x64:/usr/bin:/usr/lib/lightdm/lightdm:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin:/usr/games
      LD_LIBRARY_PATH : /d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib32:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/lib:/usr/X11R6/lib:/usr/openwin/lib:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/server:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/jdk/jre/lib/i386/native_threads:/d01/r12/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/sht/12.0.0/lib

Executable : /d01/r12/VIS/apps/tech_st/10.1.2/bin/sqlplus

riwTDBup.sh exiting with status 0
      sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Apps ORACLE_HOME connection test has succeeded

Configuration Upload

---------------------

uploading config file at /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/conf_VIS.txt

AppsConfig : 'config.txt' uploading...

---------------------------------------------------------------
      ADX Database Utility
      ---------------------------------------------------------------

getConnectionUsingAppsJDBCConnector() -->
      APPS_JDBC_URL='null'
      Trying to get connection using SID based connect descriptor
      getConnection() -->
      sDbHost : erpbeginner
      sDbDomain : dyndns.org
      sDbPort : 1521
      sDbSid : VIS
      sDbUser : APPS
      Trying to connect using SID...
      getConnectionUsingSID() -->
      JDBC URL: jdbc:oracle:thin:@erpbeginner.dyndns.org:1521:VIS
      Connection obtained

-------------------ADX Database Utility Finished---------------

Successful upload of config file at /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/appsutil/conf_VIS.txt

Environment File

-----------------

Database ORACLE_HOME environment file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/db/tech_st/11.1.0/VIS_erpbeginner.env

Apps ORACLE_HOME environment file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_erpbeginner/ora/10.1.3/VIS_erpbeginner.env

iAS ORACLE_HOME environment file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_erpbeginner/ora/10.1.2/VIS_erpbeginner.env

APPL_TOP environment file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/VIS_erpbeginner.env

ADOVARS environment file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/adovars.env

APPSCONFIG passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/apps/apps_st/appl/admin/adconfig.txt

DBC File

---------

DBC file passes instantiated variables test:
      File = /d01/r12/VIS/inst/apps/VIS_erpbeginner/appl/fnd/12.0.0/secure/VIS.dbc

HTTP

-----

checking URL = http://erpbeginner.dyndns.org:8000

RW-50015: Error: - HTTP Listener is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Help Page

----------

checking URL = http://erpbeginner.dyndns.org:8000/OA_HTML/help

RW-50015: Error: - Help Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Virtual Directory

------------------

RW-50015: Error: - Http Server Virtual Directories is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      JSP

----

checking URL = http://erpbeginner.dyndns.org:8000/OA_HTML/jtfTestCookie.jsp

RW-50015: Error: - JSP is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.
      Login Page

-----------

RW-50015: Error: - Login Page is not responding. The service might not have started on the port yet. Please check the service and use the retry button.

----------------------

When I search for the library "libclntsh", I found 3 matches to libclntsh.so.11.1,libclntsh.so.10.1 and libclntsh.so.
      Only libclntsh.so.11.1 is a file and rest are symbolic links to this file which seem to be broken.

So I tried to redo the symbolic links and did a retry for the post install checks which failed again.

Can somebody please shed some light on this?

Best Regards,
      Richie
        • 1. Re: Errors During Post Install Check on Ubuntu 12.04
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          I'm trying to install EBS R12(12.1.1) on Ubuntu 12.04 64-Bit.
          Please note that this OS is not certified.
          sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
          Please see the suggested solution in (Installing R12.0.4 Ebuisines Suite Autoconfig Fails With: sqlplus: error while loading shared libraries: libclntsh.so.10.1: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory [ID 579254.1]). Also, please make sure you have all RPMs installed as per (Oracle Applications Installation and Upgrade Notes Release 12 (12.0.4) for Linux (64-bit) [ID 416305.1]) and follow all post installation steps.

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Errors During Post Install Check on Ubuntu 12.04
            Hi Hussein,

Thank you very much for the information. Unfortunately, this didn't solve my issue. After trying various other solutions which also didn't work, I decided to go the OEL 6 route.

Thanks again.