This content has been marked as final. Show 4 replies
The sequence does not exist problem could just be a problem with the privileges at the database level especially you see this error when you try to create any object in the EUL.
To make sure you have the correct privileges at the database level, login at the eul owner using sqlplus and enter this grant:
grant all on eul5_id_seq to apps;
Thank you for the quick reply. I tried and still get the same error.
Another update: I get the error when I try to query from Discoverer Desktop if I try to query as soon as I open a workbook BUT not if I choose not to query when I open the workbook and instead hit refresh after it opens. So now the error is in Desktop AND Administrator.
A colleague installed Discoverer on her computer 6 months ago and can create and modify tables on her laptop. The only thing that may have changed is a change in servers at the client site. I would think this would be taken into account already but I cannot think of anything else that is different between the two installations. The DBC files are only for the DEV instance and the error happens in prod and TST. The installs are both 22.214.171.124.
Edited by: joe_artley on Oct 18, 2012 7:01 AM
Hi,1 person found this helpful
You could try running a database trace on the session where this error occurs which should show you exactly why you get this error.
Thank you for your help, I will do that the next time I have an error. It turns out the problem was the End User Layer (EUL) was not selected as the default. So when you first install Discoverer, the EUL that you will be using needs to be selected. This was giving the permission-like errors.
Thank you for your help.