This discussion is archived
5 Replies Latest reply: Oct 18, 2012 6:23 PM by 969181 RSS

SQL  PL/SQL

969181 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi,

Currently I am perusing SQL PL/SQL, along with software testing, i wanted to know that the decision to take the testing with SQL will be helpful in future and also what needs to be done after completing the SQL PL/SQL.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion and advice.

Regards,

Arun
  • 1. Re: SQL  PL/SQL
    matthew_morris Expert
    i wanted to know that the decision to take the testing with SQL will be helpful in future
    IT certifications provide you with a plus in pursuing your career. They are only one part of what employers look at, however. A certification with no experience might help get an entry-level position. Certifications in conjunction with a history of experience may help gain senior positions or increase your potential for raises in a position you already hold.

If you don't have the knowledge represented by the certification or you have knowledge, but no aptitude for the work -- then those minuses will erase any plusses conferred by having it.
    ...and also what needs to be done after completing the SQL PL/SQL.
    Needs to be done for what? Without knowing the specific certification you are trying to get, no one can give specific advice. You are probably looking at the Oracle PL/SQL Developer Certified Associate certification. You can find information on that track here:

http://education.oracle.com/pls/web_prod-plq-dad/db_pages.getpage?page_id=458&get_params=p_track_id:PLSQL
  • 2. Re: SQL  PL/SQL
    MichaelMilligan,President,BiomedAnalytics Newbie
    arun,

Please specify what exact certification you are attempting to get, and what specific exams you're referring to. Then I'll be able to better help you, at least regarding the certifications I have myself (see below).

Michael Milligan
    OCP DBA - OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer - OCE SQL - OCA Solaris 10
  • 3. Re: SQL  PL/SQL
    bigdelboy Pro
    966178 wrote:
    Hi,

Currently I am perusing SQL PL/SQL, along with software testing, i wanted to know that the decision to take the testing with SQL will be helpful in future and also what needs to be done after completing the SQL PL/SQL.

Thanks in advance for your suggestion and advice.

Regards,

Arun
    If I read your situation correctly you are currently pursuing SQL / PL/SQL and software testing.

I believe there is a jobs marker for software testers who have sql (and possibly some pl/sql).

From the SQL / PL/SQL technical viewpoint you have arange of technical exams. The first step would normally to get your SQL to a level where you are able to pass the 1z0-051 exam.

From the Software testing viewpoint you might want to look at the ISEB Software Testing Certifcation or some equivalent. This now seems to have become: (ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level) see http://certifications.bcs.org/category/15568. There may be equivalents.

I would actually assume there are more positions for a : (ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level) with a 1z0-051 exam pass than for factory output of DBA OCP's from the WDP institutions. And personally, though I may be unique in this, I would tend to be more interested in (ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Foundation Level) with a 1z0-051 exam pass than a WDP trained OCP DBA with no experience; though I am open to wherever people may come from.

I may have misunderstood your question; if it is not a relevant answer i apologise.
  • 4. Re: SQL  PL/SQL
    969181 Newbie
    Thanks for your suggestion. Your suggestion was really helpful.
  • 5. Re: SQL  PL/SQL
    969181 Newbie
    I am looking for OCP Advanced PL/SQL Developer along with Oracle Database 11g: SQL Fundamentals I. I have done with SQL Training and started with PL/SQL Training. After completing of SQL & PL/SQL trainings will start with Software testing trainig, and also currently I am working in one of the company.

Please let me know are you clear with my question.

Thanks in Advance for suggestion and advice.

Regards,

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points