This content has been marked as final. Show 11 replies
Is it Apps user?
DAC allows you to import the table definition via the database connection from DAC server or the connection from the machine you connect to DAC client.
Make sure you define the TABLE Owner schema for both Source and DW...DAC will use JDBC to connect to do the import. Can you see the tables outside of DAC just by using TOAD or SQL Developer? Make sure its not synonyms but tables owned by the user you define.
If helpful, pls mark correct
Yes, I'm using the Apps user.
This user can see all the tables in SQL Developer (without using OWNER.TABLE_NAME). But in DAC i can't see all the tables. What can i do?
Are the following assumptions correct :
1. You are attempting to import a large number of tables through the following screen :
DAC -> Design -> Tables -> Click any of the table line and 'right Click' -> Choose 'Import from Database' -> Choose 'Import Database Tables' -> Choose the EBS data source and just enter a % on the table name filter -> click on 'Read Tables'
Is this what you did ? If yes, can you give us the name of the table you are unable to view in this list ?.. is it a bespoke table ?
Exactly as you said. I tried to lookup the tables with % or *.
Some tables examples:
I can see in the DB (with SQL Developer) but i can't see in DAC:
_# DIMENSIONAL TABLES_
XXOD_TABLE_ALPHA (It`s a customized table, but with apps user i can see this).
How i try to find the table in DAC:
DAC -> Design -> Tables -> Click any of the table line and 'right Click' -> Choose 'Import from Database' -> Choose 'Import Database Tables' -> Choose the EBS data source (WITH APPS USER)
When i put %XXOD% i can see some customized tables, but not everyone. The same thing happen with Dimensional DB.
What can i do for resolve this issue?
1. Can you try with just a % and scroll through the list ? You may have done this - but suggesting anyway.
2. Are you sure you picked the correct connection before looking for W_ABSENCE_EVENT_D ? It is obviously a warehouse table.
Yes i put the right connection to DW and to EBS.
I don`t know what to do. Any ideas?
Did you try just the % to fetch the really long list ?
961807, i tried with only "%", but the table is still missing. Any other ideas?
I really am not able to guess what is missing. Perhaps if you are able to upload a screenprint somewhere and share the link here, people here might spot something !
This is what I am **guessing** is happening (do let me know if you manage to resolve the issue - I'd like to know what worked in the end) :
- Remember the fact that DAC is integrated to Informatica
- The import tables feature in DAC will perhaps only import tables that are registered as a 'Source' / 'Target' for any of the tasks
- Are you able to test this assumption by updating any mapping to include the required tables as a source ?