This discussion is archived
2 Replies Latest reply: Nov 5, 2012 6:43 AM by 972556 RSS

Local Connection Creation Problem

969661 Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
I want to create a local connection, but it failed. It didn't appear any related dialog box after I click "Create Local Connections", it just remain same. Then, I try to use another way to create local connection by choosing "Local/Bequeath" for Connection Type via "New/Select Database Connection". However, it shown me "Status : Failure-Test failed: Incompatible version of libocijdbc[Jdbc:112030, Jdbc-OCI:112020" when I test the connection.
Now I really confuse and don't know how to solve the problem.

Software: Oracle SQL Developer (3.2.09)
Build MAIN: 09.30
Java(TM) Platform: 1.6.0_35

I help anyone can solve my problem, thanks.

Tan                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           
  • 1. Re: Local Connection Creation Problem
    Gary Graham Expert
    Hi Tan,

The fact that Create Local Connections did nothing probably indicates you have no local database(s) on you computer available to connect to. If you have no local database installed, you can...

1. Somehow get the connection details for a remote database.
    2. Install a local DB. Oracle Express Edition 11g R2 is free.
    http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/products/express-edition/downloads/index.html
    Once you have database to access, either local or remote, you can try creating a basic connection. For example, if you have a local express edition installed:
    Connection Type: Basic
    Connection Name: system_xe
    User: system
    Password: <the password you chose when you installed XE>
    Host: localhost
    Port: 1521
    SID: xe
    Hope this helps,
    Gary
  • 2. Re: Local Connection Creation Problem
    972556 Newbie
    In Connections right click mouse and select - Create Local Connections, you can get every users in the folder : Auto-gereated local Connections:
    / as sysdba
    ANONMOUS
    SYSTEM
    system_xe

SYSTEM and system_xe password is the one you put it in while setup.
    / as sysdba is the one with error when you try to open it:
    Incompatible version of libocijdbc[Jdbc:112030, Jdbc-OCI:112020

This is version 3.2.20.9                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points