This content has been marked as final. Show 7 replies
Which Oracle Version ?
Which city you are in India ?
Your total Oracle DBA experience / knowledge ?
Above questions will help us to help you.
Between below link may be of your interest :
RAC training@ Oracle University, Advice please
And I guess specific RAC forum is good the get you correct answer though :
Real Application Clusters
There is no point of going for 10g RAC training now as 11.2 is the latest release(for the moment). If you want to attend, go for 112 RAC training. There are three courses offered for the same- 11.2 RAC Administration(3 days) , Grid infrastructure and ASM(4 days) and Grid Infrastructure and ASM & RAC Accelerated (5 days). With just 1.5 years of experience and assumingly that its not including RAC, I would suggest that you go for the Grid Infrastructure course of 4 days and then go for the RAC Administration course. Contact Oracle Education sales , they shall assist you with schedule and payment information.
The curriculum has been updated to 184.108.40.206, the GI course is now 5 days and the RAC course 4 days. These versions have been run for the first times in Europe this month. In the US, Oracle Uni is planning on compressing the 9 days into a 5 day accelerated course. EMEA is waiting to see how it goes. I don't see how it is possible without cutting out material, and students would need to be exceptionally well prepared. The old curriculum was hard enough to do in 5 (very long) days.
First Which Version you want to learn 10g, 11gR1 , 11gR2 you have to know each version has its own features , starting with Real Application cluster (RAC) concept documentation is good idea , after that you can start taking course , Reading will make you have an idea what rac is and how its works ...
you can find lot of free documentation for real application cluster , after that you can start taking courses , but decide which version you want
I would suggest you to go through Oracle Documentation for RAC first. Nothing simplifies concept more then the documentation itself.
You may follow pages on oracle-base.com for creating a RAC setup ( 2 node ) on virtual box for practice.
Once done through documentation, refer following notes on metalink.
These notes are must read
- NOTE.1096952.1 Master Note for Real Application Clusters (RAC) Oracle
- NOTE.810394.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Generic)
- NOTE.811271.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Windows)
- NOTE.811306.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Linux)
- NOTE.811303.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (HP-UX)
- NOTE.811293.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (AIX)
- NOTE.811280.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Solaris)
- Note.220970.1 RAC: Frequently Asked Questions
Hope that helps !!
In addition to Aman's reply I would like to suggest to check below links :
Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g Release 2 and Grid Infrastructure Administration
And complete Complete Course Catalog of Oracle India :
All the Best.