This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 20, 2012 1:57 AM by Girish Sharma RSS

Training By oracle Education

AKPT Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Dear All,

I want to learn Oracle RAC . Which approach should i follow:-

1. Training provided by oracle education >>Suggest me Training Name (I am very new to RAC and don't know any thing about RAC)

2. Sef study >>(Course material)

Thanks,
Alok
  • 1. Re: Training By oracle Education
    Girish Sharma Guru
    Which Oracle Version ?
    Which city you are in India ?
    Your total Oracle DBA experience / knowledge ?

Above questions will help us to help you.

Between below link may be of your interest :
    RAC training@ Oracle University, Advice please

And I guess specific RAC forum is good the get you correct answer though :
    Real Application Clusters

Regards
    Girish Sharma
  • 2. Re: Training By oracle Education
    AKPT Newbie
    Oracle 10g
    New Delhi ,India
    1.5Year Experience
  • 3. Re: Training By oracle Education
    Aman.... Oracle ACE
    There is no point of going for 10g RAC training now as 11.2 is the latest release(for the moment). If you want to attend, go for 112 RAC training. There are three courses offered for the same- 11.2 RAC Administration(3 days) , Grid infrastructure and ASM(4 days) and Grid Infrastructure and ASM & RAC Accelerated (5 days). With just 1.5 years of experience and assumingly that its not including RAC, I would suggest that you go for the Grid Infrastructure course of 4 days and then go for the RAC Administration course. Contact Oracle Education sales , they shall assist you with schedule and payment information.

Aman....
  • 4. Re: Training By oracle Education
    JohnWatson Guru
    The curriculum has been updated to 11.2.0.3, the GI course is now 5 days and the RAC course 4 days. These versions have been run for the first times in Europe this month. In the US, Oracle Uni is planning on compressing the 9 days into a 5 day accelerated course. EMEA is waiting to see how it goes. I don't see how it is possible without cutting out material, and students would need to be exceptionally well prepared. The old curriculum was hard enough to do in 5 (very long) days.
  • 5. Re: Training By oracle Education
    Osama_Mustafa Oracle ACE
    First Which Version you want to learn 10g, 11gR1 , 11gR2 you have to know each version has its own features , starting with Real Application cluster (RAC) concept documentation is good idea , after that you can start taking course , Reading will make you have an idea what rac is and how its works ...

you can find lot of free documentation for real application cluster , after that you can start taking courses , but decide which version you want
  • 6. Re: Training By oracle Education
    Mansvi Explorer
    Hi Alok,

I would suggest you to go through Oracle Documentation for RAC first. Nothing simplifies concept more then the documentation itself.

You may follow pages on oracle-base.com for creating a RAC setup ( 2 node ) on virtual box for practice.

Once done through documentation, refer following notes on metalink.

These notes are must read
    - NOTE.1096952.1 Master Note for Real Application Clusters (RAC) Oracle
    - NOTE.810394.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Generic)
    - NOTE.811271.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Windows)
    - NOTE.811306.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Linux)
    - NOTE.811303.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (HP-UX)
    - NOTE.811293.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (AIX)
    - NOTE.811280.1 RAC Assurance Support Team: RAC Starter Kit and Best Practices (Solaris)
    - Note.220970.1 RAC: Frequently Asked Questions

Hope that helps !!

Regards
    Mansvi
  • 7. Re: Training By oracle Education
    Girish Sharma Guru
    In addition to Aman's reply I would like to suggest to check below links :

Oracle Real Application Clusters 11g Release 2 and Grid Infrastructure Administration
    http://www.oracle.com/partners/en/knowledge-zone/database/rac11g-exam-330024.html

And complete Complete Course Catalog of Oracle India :
    http://education.oracle.co.uk/html/oracle/1080544US/ILT.htm

All the Best.

Regards
    Girish Sharma

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points