This discussion is archived
6 Replies Latest reply: Aug 26, 2013 12:00 PM by pattonjg RSS

After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects

mpatzwahl Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hello,
i have tried to migrate my 4.1.1 App to 4.2. The App works when i use the start Page. But when i try to log on to the App Builder Home Page i get the error: Too many redirects.

I deleted all Cookies, reboot the server twice, without luck.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Marco
  • 1. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    Christian Neumueller Expert
    Hi Marco,

there could be a couple of reasons for these redirects. It's hard to guess, though, since we know nearly nothing about your environment (web server, network topology, etc.). For example, you might have implemented some HTTP / HTTPS rewrite rule that hides the session cookie from Apex. Your best option is to use a tool like Firebug and examine the HTTP requests and responses. Please feel free to post this information here, so we can help you diagnose the root cause.

Regards,
    Christian
  • 2. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    974611 Newbie
    This has also happened to one of our apps that has been imported to Apex 4.2 (fresh 4.2 installation with OHS on 10g DB)

Originally all was working fine but it seems to have only happened since we installed a patch #14784118 but that may be coincidence.

On IE9 the session id just incremement constantly with nothing showing for the app but on Chrome the error message below is given:

This web page has a redirect loop. The web page at http://.../f?p=101:2:13744390595646 has resulted in too many redirects.

I've reimported and the same thing happens so it isn't something in the app itself but something within the Apex environment that seems to have changed.

Edited by: user11315560 on 16-Nov-2012 02:07

Edited by: user11315560 on 16-Nov-2012 03:04
  • 3. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    mpatzwahl Newbie
    Hi,

the only solution i found was to drop the Apex User and to reinstall der Software Version 4.2. Than i rund into the next Problem (i couldn´t Import a Workspace) , but this was solved with a Patch.

Kind regards
    Marco
  • 4. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    974611 Newbie
    I've found this thread which details a patch we had applied that seems to be related to the problem.

We moved directly from APex 4.0 to 4.2 and would have probably encountered this issue in Apex 4.1 if we had gone to that as it changed the cookie format. The suggestion is on this thread

Apex 4.2 - Page sentry error

The solution there was to specify a short cookie name in the authentication scheme, instead of relying on the longer default cookie name. That might also help with your authentication scheme.

I have changed the Cookie name to C109 and the problem is now resolved.

Edited by: user11315560 on 16-Nov-2012 03:03
  • 5. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    mpatzwahl Newbie
    i had no chance to logon at the workspace (internal/myworkspace). Mayby it is possible to change it by a package apex_application ....
    But anyway now i reinstalled it, and it looks ok

Thanks
    Marco
  • 6. Re: After Migration to APEX 4.2 : Too many redirects
    pattonjg Newbie

We just ran into this error on one of our applications after upgrading to 4.2 where we kept getting the same "redirect loop" error. The app used a No authentication (using DAD) authentication scheme. We allow HTTP access and the secure attribute under Session Cookie Attributes was set to Yes. Once we changed it to No the error went away. We're not sure if it was set different in 4.1 or if 4.2 just behaves different. This post got us in the ballpark so thought I'd pass this along in case some else encountered the save issue.

Cheers

Jeff

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points