4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 21, 2012 7:04 AM by Osama_Mustafa RSS

Data change in Metro cluster...

Dear All,

Our organization has recently decided to go for storage metro cluster solution for disaster recovery. In a Data guard environment, we normally calculate how much archive log is generating and based on that value we calculate the required bandwidth.

For storage metro cluster, we need to find how much block is changing in our primary database, and the same rate of change would apply on DR cluster.

Now, i need to give the assumption how much changing is happening in my system. How to calculate the change...can any one give idea???

Have any one has the experience working with storage metro cluster...that can be very helpful.

Thanks and regards,
        • 1. Re: Data change in Metro cluster...
          Calculating Block Cache Settings [ID 1071772.1]
          How To Calculate The Blocks Used In A Query To Configure LOGICAL_READS_PER_CALL [ID 872133.1]
          • 2. Re: Data change in Metro cluster...
            Thanks u very much!!!

Can u explain it more, actually what to calculate during storage cluster replica?? We don't need select query or un committed data, do we??
            • 3. Re: Data change in Metro cluster...
              • 4. Re: Data change in Metro cluster...
                Data Guard is basically a ship redo and then apply redo, as you know redo is the information needed to recover a database transaction. A production database referred to as a primary database transmits redo to one or more independent replicas referred to as standby databases. Standby databases are in a continuous state of recovery, validating and applying redo to maintain synchronization with the primary database. A standby database will also automatically resynchronize if it becomes temporary disconnected to the primary due to power outages, network problems, etc.

i am familiar with metro cluster but as i know its all the same basics.