3 Replies Latest reply: Oct 22, 2012 5:35 PM by Walashkar RSS

Upgrading techstack

Walashkar
      Dear all,

We are in the process of upgrading our EBS 11i to R12 .

Now, I'vecloned the DB, modiiffed the init paarameters as per metaliink . Now am in the process of Run Rapid Install, to lay down the techstack poiting to the new database.
      The Pre-upgrade tasks as per chapter 2 Preparing for the Upgrade (both functional and DBA) needs to be done in the new techstack or this need to be done in the old 11i instance itself.

Please advise
        • 1. Re: Upgrading techstack
          Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
          Now, I'vecloned the DB, modiiffed the init paarameters as per metaliink . Now am in the process of Run Rapid Install, to lay down the techstack poiting to the new database.
          The Pre-upgrade tasks as per chapter 2 Preparing for the Upgrade (both functional and DBA) needs to be done in the new techstack or this need to be done in the old 11i instance itself.
          I am not sure if I understand your question correctly.

You need to modify the initialization parameter mentioned in the upgrade doc in the 11i instance before the upgrade (Page 1-11). Then update it before the actual upgrade (downtime) as per Page 3-3

You also need to reset the init parameters as per Page 3-7

Oracle E-Business Suite Upgrade Guide Release 11i to 12.1.1 [ID 1082375.1]
          Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle E-Business Suite Release 12 [ID 396009.1]
          Database Initialization Parameters for Oracle Applications Release 11i [ID 216205.1]

Thanks,
          Hussein
          • 2. Re: Upgrading techstack
            Walashkar
            Thanks Hussein and sorry for not making it clear what I
            Mean to ask is that the pre upgrade functional and Dba
            Tasks will be done in 11i instance or in the r12 instance
            (Before running upgrade driver)
            • 3. Re: Upgrading techstack
              Hussein Sawwan-Oracle
              936074 wrote:
              Thanks Hussein and sorry for not making it clear what I
              Mean to ask is that the pre upgrade functional and Dba
              Tasks will be done in 11i instance or in the r12 instance
              (Before running upgrade driver)
              It is one instance (database) which you are connected to from your 11i application and when you run Rapid Install to lay down the R12 software you are connected to it then you upgrade it from 11i to R12

Please see the steps in the upgrade doc when to update the init.ora file and what MOS doc you need to refer to.

Thanks,
              Hussein