I have half rack of X2-2, and I am hosting 5 databases on it. I want to manage IO and CPU resources among these databases by using DBRM and IORM. 2 of these databases are OLTP and 3 are data warehouse. Would anybody please do a favor and answer the following questions?
1) IORM just manages the IO and doesn't manage the CPU at the storage server level. So there is no way we could specify percentages and levels of CPU allocation through IORM at the cell level right?
2) Does DBRM and IORM manage the Logical IO or Physical IO?
3) Is it a good idea to monitor the IORM mode over a time to get the idea that what sort of workload is there at the cell, before setting the IORM objective?
1. Thats false. IORM manages both CPU and IO
2. I have not tried that, but i think it managed physical IO only.
3. That would be idead and give you better understanding of IORM.
i am not expert but thought of sharing, what i know.