This discussion is archived
4 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 2:12 AM by EJP RSS

How to proceed for Free Java Hosting ?

Sushant Sharma Expert
Currently Being Moderated
Hi All,

I am trying to start a website and for that I have also get my domain name from godaddy.com.

Please let me know what are the further steps i have to follow ?
I want a free hosting server for java/JSP applications

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 1. Re: How to proceed for Free Java Hosting ?
    Kayaman Guru
    Sushant Sharma wrote:
    I am trying to start a website and for that I have also get my domain name from godaddy.com.
    Please let me know what are the further steps i have to follow ?
    Then you need a server you can associate your domain with.
    I want a free hosting server for java/JSP applications
    Nothing in this world is free. You can find small virtual servers for under $100 per year. Googling should give you some idea on what's around.
  • 2. Re: How to proceed for Free Java Hosting ?
    Sushant Sharma Expert
    Hi,

I got a free hosting server, freehostia.com.
    But this is PHP based and want hosting for java/jsp/jsf applications.

--Sushant                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               
  • 3. Re: How to proceed for Free Java Hosting ?
    gimbal2 Guru
    Yes, and I want a million dollars. But wanting something does not equal getting it, nor is it generally a reasonable thing to demand.

PHP hosting can be done relatively cheap because it doesn't take much resources, requires little configuration and is easy to manage. Java hosting on the other hand is a whole other beast and is not done by just throwing up a Tomcat server somewhere and then giving people remote access. The problem of reliable application redeployment without opening up your server to the entire world alone is a difficult one to tackle.

There are such services as OpenShift however, which for now is free and it seems the free service is going to stay available. Perhaps you can do something with that.

https://openshift.redhat.com/app/
  • 4. Re: How to proceed for Free Java Hosting ?
    EJP Guru
    Not a Networking or Java question. Locking.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points