1 Reply Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 11:15 AM by rp0428 RSS

OutOfMemory error and leaks in IBM PoolManager When Oracle JDBC driver

Has somebody any experience with OutOfMemory issues, caused by exceeded consumption of the heap by com.ibm.ejs.j2c.PoolManager objects?

The error is thrown from time to time, during exporting huge batch of data, in usage of prepared statement & scrollable result set.

I'm pretty sure that it is not a problem in implementation of low level method, responsible for th export... analysis memory dumps have indicated following leak suspicious, within IBM part of code:

One instance of "com.ibm.ejs.j2c.PoolManager" loaded by "org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader @ 0x42dbf048" occupies 248 203 504 (58,77%) bytes. The memory is accumulated in one instance of "com.ibm.ejs.j2c.PoolManager" loaded by "org.eclipse.osgi.internal.baseadaptor.DefaultClassLoader @ 0x42dbf048".

During some Googling, I've found on the IBM side following, similar bug description, which fits to my problem and which has been reported to Oracle with a number bug # 9092263: http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=swg21421030&acss=dakc

The question is, where I can find whether the bug is already corrected on the Oracle driver side, and in which version of the driver the correction has been introduced???

Cheers Dawid

• 1. Re: OutOfMemory error and leaks in IBM PoolManager When Oracle JDBC driver
          rp0428
          Welcome to the forum!
          >
          The question is, where I can find whether the bug is already corrected on the Oracle driver side, and in which version of the driver the correction has been introduced???
          >
          You should file an SR with Oracle. They are the only ones that can address your question.

When you file you will need to provide specific information (which you did NOT provide here) about your 4 digit Oracle version, Java version, OS platform, JDBC jar version (why didn't you even mention the version?) and specifics about what your application is doing.