This discussion is archived
7 Replies Latest reply: Oct 23, 2012 8:22 AM by GRK RSS

Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report

SishihoMakoto Newbie
Currently Being Moderated
Hi Experts,

The scenario is:
When I open a report and set the prefix to 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' then I save it. Then I close that specific report then open that report again. The 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' is not saved in the report in the prefix section in Advanced tab.

Is there a way to save the SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report to get the Query log?

Thanks,
  • 1. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    AmithY Expert
    OBIEE/BIP Forumer wrote:
    Hi Experts,

The scenario is:
    When I open a report and set the prefix to 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' then I save it. Then I close that specific report then open that report again. The 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' is not saved in the report in the prefix section in Advanced tab.

Is there a way to save the SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report to get the Query log?

Thanks,
    I just tested this in my local (Both 10g and 11g) and it worked fine for me. This is what I used in the prefix section:

SET VARIABLE DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1, LOGLEVEL=2;

Thanks,
    -A.Y.
  • 2. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    GRK Journeyer
    It is working even for me.

Else, set default log level.

Open Rpd Offline/online.

Tools -> utilities->options->Repository and set the logging level.

(Or)

Security Manager - Administrator User - Double click and set logging level = 4.
  • 3. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    SishihoMakoto Newbie
    Hi A.Y,

Thanks for your answer, but I the Variable I set in the Prefix section is not saved even if I saved the report with the Variable.

Below is the steps I do:

1. I open Report XYZ

2. Click to Advanced tab then I enter 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' or ' SET VARIABLE DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1, LOGLEVEL=2;' in the prefix section

3. I saved the report

4. Open Report ABC then

5. I re-open again Report XYZ hoping that my prefix variable is saved

6. I go to the ADvancec tab for Report XYZ, but I didnt see the variable I just saved

Thanks,
  • 4. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    SishihoMakoto Newbie
    Hi GRK,

Where can I find the Security Manager? Is this only for 10g?

By the way I am using, OBIEE 11g and I already set the logging level to 2.
    But I still could not get the QUery log unless I enter the 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' in the Prefix section of advanced tab of each report.

Thanks,
  • 5. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    AmithY Expert
    OBIEE/BIP Forumer wrote:
    Hi A.Y,

Thanks for your answer, but I the Variable I set in the Prefix section is not saved even if I saved the report with the Variable.

Below is the steps I do:

1. I open Report XYZ

2. Click to Advanced tab then I enter 'SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1;' or ' SET VARIABLE DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1, LOGLEVEL=2;' in the prefix section

3. I saved the report

4. Open Report ABC then

5. I re-open again Report XYZ hoping that my prefix variable is saved

6. I go to the ADvancec tab for Report XYZ, but I didnt see the variable I just saved

Thanks,
    That is strange. Can you try adding the code to the XML instead of adding it to the prefix section and click on SET XML and save the report?

I have highlighted the line of code in bold.

<saw:report xmlns:saw="com.siebel.analytics.web/report/v1" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlVersion="200705140" cacheControl="bypassCache">
    <saw:criteria subjectArea="&quot;Financials - GL Budget and Expenses&quot;">
    <saw:columns>
    <saw:column formula="Ledger.&quot;Ledger Name&quot;" columnID="c0"/></saw:columns>
    <saw:columnOrder/>
    *<saw:prefix>SET VARIABLE DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1, LOGLEVEL=2; </saw:prefix>*
         </saw:criteria>
    <saw:views xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" currentView="0">
    <saw:view xsi:type="saw:compoundView" name="compoundView!1" rptViewVers="200510010">
    <saw:cvTable>
    <saw:cvRow>
    <saw:cvCell viewName="titleView!1">
    <saw:displayFormat/></saw:cvCell></saw:cvRow>
    <saw:cvRow>
    <saw:cvCell viewName="tableView!1">
    <saw:displayFormat/></saw:cvCell></saw:cvRow></saw:cvTable></saw:view>
    <saw:view xsi:type="saw:titleView" name="titleView!1" rptViewVers="200510010"/>
    <saw:view xsi:type="saw:tableView" name="tableView!1" rptViewVers="200510010"/></saw:views></saw:report>
  • 6. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    GRK Journeyer
    Hey,

After you write the Prefix statement.

Can, you click on button 'Set Sql' before you save the report.

After you set sql and save the report.

Try to restart the services once again. And, check the report whether your changes are saved or not.
  • 7. Re: Saving SET VARIABLE LOGLEVEL=2,DISABLE_CACHE_HIT=1; in a report
    GRK Journeyer
    I hope you have created groups and users.
    By Default there would be user - administrator if your logging in as 'Administrator' Check EM Console.

There on user administrator - set log level = 4.

Legend

• Correct Answers - 10 points
  • Helpful Answers - 5 points